December 16 Weigh-In How Did You Do?

Options
thom2369
thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
Today is weigh-in day! If you feel like sharing anything about this week's weight check post it here. I lost less than 1/4 a kilogram in the past week so I was disappointed but I am going to try and trim up my eating over the next week and maybe lose 1/2 a kilogram by next week, which is my MFP goal. 1/2 kilogram a week loss which is 1.1 pounds a week.

Replies

• MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I completely recovered from my week long binge, losing the weight I gained from it, plus some!!! My technical weight loss is 3 lbs this week, but that includes the weight I had to re-lose from the binge (probably water). I'm still hoping to lose another 1.3 lbs before my birthday on the 26th! Even better, I was diagnosed 4 weeks ago as being pre-diabetic (my fasting blood sugar is too high). I really think that is due to some hormonal/thyroid/adrenal craziness that occurred over the last 3 years, BUT, one of the first steps recommended in reversing pre-diabetes is losing 5% body weight. I've now accomplished that!!! I'm really excited! My waist measurement is down 2 inches from my technical start 4 weeks ago. I feel good. I feel thin, I feel healthy, and in general, I just feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

I can't wait to see everyone else's results! We can do this!!! This group is really helping to keep me accountable. Thanks Thom2369 for putting this together! :)
  • thom2369
    Options
    Wow that is great to hear you got back on track MaggieLoo! Nice to get some of that "catch-up" weight off. I had that in my weigh in last week and it feels good. Oh my, your health diagnoses seem a little scary but it seems like you will be on the right track for getting it taken care of. 2 inches on your waist is unbelievable! cool :)
  • vbandstra
    vbandstra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    So I knew I probably didn't lose because I had a bad streak of eating days from last Thurs-Sun but I was actually happy that I only gained back one pound. That is manageable. I'm really glad to be doing this challenge because even though I haven't had significant loss yet, I feel good about staying in my current range during the holiday season. No small thing for me. Watching the rest of you stick with it through the ups and downs is also very encouraging for me!
  • ladiva05
    ladiva05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Again this past week, I used the weigh every day method to keep me focused and accountable. I am disappointed that there is not a loss this week, but I wouldn't change a thing. I stuck to my plan and feel great. This puts the pressure on for next week, which I welcome to help me say NO to all the xmas goodies. Good luck everyone! Stay focused.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    No weight loss but no weight gain so I consider that a win as i'm counting down the days til January and my double shifts will stop. I didn't realize just how tired a person can feel. I believe last year I ate and slept where this year I'm trying to eat sleep and exercise.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Down 0.8 lb - happy with the progress, having this challenge is definitely giving me incentive to avoid the sweets and junk of the holidays!
  • thom2369
    Options
    I think at some points just holding strong at the current weight is a big accomplishment too! So proud of everyone for keeping their goals in mind during this busy time :)
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I'm not losing weight very quickly, but I still trust that slow and steady is what's best for me (especially when it comes to not gaining it back!)

T-Mobile just removed streaming from counting towards your monthly data, so I've been trying to get on the treadmill or elliptical every time I want to watch Netflix. Since I haven't done cardio in like three months, it's been good motivation!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    I did okay with this week's weigh-in. The last few days (until this morning), I seemed to have plateaued. I realized that I had not been sleeping enough. So last night, I made certain to get my 8 hours. This morning, my weight dropped. Coincidence? Don't know. But at least it dropped and I certainly feel better!
  • vbandstra
    vbandstra Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I just did this week's weigh-in because we are leaving tomorrow to travel for the holidays. I'm down 1 lb from last week - yahoo! Even though I'm only down 2 lbs from when I started this challenge, I am really pleased because I usually always gain during the holidays so I'm feeling really good about where I am. It also is going to make me feel a lot better going into January. My husband and I both started using fitbit and we love it. It is a great motivator to check regularly to see how much movement my body is getting during the day. Highly recommend it!