too much?

Options
jamiek917
jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
so i am mid stage 4 and lift 3x a week. 2 of the other days i typically run, and i take 1-2 rest days a week.

i get Nia Shanks emails now with tips and workouts, and got this challenge email today. rather than running, shoulod i do this on one of my off days? looks like a great workout, and its only using body weight- but i dont want to overdo it if im not supposed to...

The 100 Rep Challenge

1.Squat
2.Push-up
3.Back extension (or glute bridge if you don't have a back extension bench)
4.Inverted row

•Perform 100 reps for each exercise above. The goal is to complete 100 reps for each exercise before moving on to the next one. For example, do 100 squats before you proceed to the push-ups, and so on. You should do approximately 20-30 reps for the first set. Keep the rest to a minimum and continue to do as many reps as possible in as many sets as necessary until you complete 100 reps.

•For the push-ups and inverted rows use a variation that allows you to perform about 25 reps. This is important otherwise you'll burn out quickly! To make the push-ups easier simply elevate your hands on a sturdy table or bench. For the inverted rows, I highly recommend a suspension trainer because you can adjust the straps.

•You must perform every rep deliberately and under total control. Do not pump out the reps as fast as possible! For example, when you do the squats take a good 2 seconds to lower under total control and then focus on squeezing your glutes and quads as you squat back up. Focus on every single rep!

Replies

• JDubbs339
    JDubbs339 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I think if it were any other stage (obviously other than stage 2) you could pull it off...but stages 2/4 have lots of legs/back involved. I think if you were to do this workout instead of run it would diminish your lifts on lifting days. But that's just my personal opinion.

Good luck and let me know what you end up doing!
  • jamiek917
    jamiek917 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    you are probably right. but im still debating it- since its body weight only and nothing additional, if it still considered extra lifting?
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 12,001 Member
    Options
    I think you should give it a "whirl". Report back here on how it goes....I actually know some women who weight-train 6 x per week, their bodies can handle it, and they don't suffer any DOMs.

Sounds like a nice change from running!
  • wibutterflymagic
    wibutterflymagic Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    I think you should stick to cardio. Your body needs a day off from weights between workouts.
  • edennew
    edennew Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Hey girl,

I think if it were any other stage (obviously other than stage 2) you could pull it off...but stages 2/4 have lots of legs/back involved. I think if you were to do this workout instead of run it would diminish your lifts on lifting days. But that's just my personal opinion.

Good luck and let me know what you end up doing!

I agree. So much leg work in phase 4.