Pregnant and Overweight

Lisa_Rhodes
Lisa_Rhodes Posts: 263 Member
Hi everyone!

I have a beautiful 21 month boy and my husband and I found out that I'm almost 2 months pregnant again! I'm excited, but also scared. I was overweight with my first, but I had still lost 60 lbs before getting pregnant. It's been a hard journey to lose the weight again afterwards and I'm heavier now than with the first. Doctor said he doesn't want me counting calories, but still wants a diet of low carb/high protein.

My question is have any of you been in this position and how did you not gain as much weight while pregnant?

Thanks,
Lisa :)

Replies

• mell4now
    mell4now Posts: 33 Member
    Congratulations!!! I too am overweight (obese ) and pregnant. 2 years ago When I was pregnant with my daughter I lost 35 lbs due to extreme stress and morning sickness, I then gained my 60 lbs after having my daughter and started this pregnancy about 25 lbs heavier then the last one. I'm due 9/6 and probably lost 2-3 lbs. (morning sickness and food aversion). The doctor did not seem concerned at all that I lost weight during my last pregnancy, and my baby was born 6.5 lbs happy, healthy, extremely bright and alert!
  • deannavanzee
    deannavanzee Posts: 3 Member
    Me also... my 8th pregnancy and i weigh more starting than i did full term with my 1st, plus 20lbs. I am nervous because my cholesterol is high and my blood pressures not great.