I've found an end to my stomach!

Options
sunlover89
sunlover89 Posts: 436 Member
The last 6 weeks of non stop eating processed shizzle trying to fill my black hole of a stomach. 1 day on Paleo? Done!
I just prepared my not really paleo breakfast of porridge made with coconut milk & water with strawberries and I can only eat half!
After weeks of trying every trick in the book, I can't believe the thing that actually works is the most natural. My mind and body has never felt so clean :-)

*high 5*

Replies

• tekwriter
    tekwriter Posts: 923 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    woo hoo! :)

I can eat and eat and eat processed crap, past the point of being full (and miserable), but not as easy with real foods (except maybe almond butter and/or coconut butter ;)
  • brista128
    brista128 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think that's the weirdest thing for me -- when I eat a paleo meal, I feel full! And (typically) don't have any cravings after. But when I eat a non-paleo meal, it takes soooo much more to fill me up and then I still often have cravings. And I'm not even talking about junk food or total garbage. Even when I eat approved-by-the-USDA seemingly healthy meal with highly touted beacons of good nutrition like "whole grains" and "low-fat dairy" and "lean protein" and "no added fats" -- I could eat and eat and eat and still never feel full. But then give me a paleo-approved meal, just a single portion, and I'm good to go!
  • momof2osaurus
    momof2osaurus Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    *high five!*

One of the coolest things about paleo for sure!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Paleo definitely works! I feel so pleasantly full (not uncomfortable) and satisfied eating like this! Congrats to you for trying it!
  • husseycd
    husseycd Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    That's one of the main reasons I started this "diet". Yesterday lunch was catered at work--Jason's Deli. I took off the bread, ate half the chips, went ahead and ate the cookie, and even though the meal was 700 calories, I could have easily kept eating. In fact, I was craving more sugar after polishing off that cookie.
  • strychnine7
    strychnine7 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Man, y'all are lucky... I am a binge eater, no matter what it is, unless I consciously stop myself.
  • shirtswiththumbholes
    shirtswiththumbholes Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's great!!
  • bradlette
    bradlette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I think that's the weirdest thing for me -- when I eat a paleo meal, I feel full! And (typically) don't have any cravings after. But when I eat a non-paleo meal, it takes soooo much more to fill me up and then I still often have cravings. And I'm not even talking about junk food or total garbage. Even when I eat approved-by-the-USDA seemingly healthy meal with highly touted beacons of good nutrition like "whole grains" and "low-fat dairy" and "lean protein" and "no added fats" -- I could eat and eat and eat and still never feel full. But then give me a paleo-approved meal, just a single portion, and I'm good to go!

Ditto! Eating paleo releases me from a kind of bondage where I constantly want more starch. It's such a relief.
  • bradlette
    bradlette Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That's one of the main reasons I started this "diet". Yesterday lunch was catered at work--Jason's Deli. I took off the bread, ate half the chips, went ahead and ate the cookie, and even though the meal was 700 calories, I could have easily kept eating. In fact, I was craving more sugar after polishing off that cookie.

For me, it was JimmyJohns. I would order their largest sub and two bags of chips. Enough calories for the whole day, but afterwards, I would be starving, and wish for a whole other round!! It's one of the ways I have resisted this meal, because I just tell myself, "well, you'll be just as hungry, or maybe more, so after you eat this, so don't bother." What the hell is in that food that short-circuits my appetite control?