December 20th - 26th

Options
KrisM111
KrisM111 Posts: 88 Member
1w9anv0bkz26.jpg

This week will be trying, but I vow to put my health first. I'll continue with the treadmill -- minimum 3 days/40 minutes and clean eating. MIL will be moving home tomorrow, so really hope she's OK to do that.

@2020pinktogo -- I hear you & I agree! Unfortunately, Matt doesn't, and it's his Mom. My sister, who is a nurse, brought up the whole AMA issue and the problems you can have with insurance if something happens *after* you are discharged. At least she conceded to staying in through tomorrow, instead of leaving yesterday, so taht's something. lol

Replies

• Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Do what you can for others (MIL & Family) this week but do not forget to take care of yourself. If you're not healthy you cannot provide for others. I understand your MIL's reluctance to be in the NH. Sometime's you have to let people make their own decisions even when we know there could be a better way. Have faith, this to shall pass. I don't know how or why but things usually work out how they are meant to be. Sending you good vibes for an easier than expected week!
  • NewOR2015
    NewOR2015 Posts: 1,018 Member
    Options
    Yes, I want to be happy. So, yes, I will focus on my health. This week I will continue to get my exercise in, and I will be cautious when making food choices.

Kris & everyone else, have a healthy and joyful week!
  • Dory_42
    Dory_42 Posts: 3,587 Member
    Options
    I'm only working one and a half days this week! Got a bunch of training scheduled and plans to see friends and family. Movies with Dad, breakfast with a friend, brother in town for a few days, Christmas eve dinner with my gym family, a day of fun with one if my besties who is having a rough time, baking some treats for my staff and gym stays open so I can keep training!
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Looking forward to a wonderful week. The weather is warmer than usual for the most part and I'm hoping to take advantage with some outside time. There's a chance of rain most days, but it shouldn't be raining all day.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    I'm working straight through til x-mas so it's literally just plug through and rest when I can. Today I lost my cool at work but you don't serve the employees something you wouldn't sell on the shelf that is just gross. So This cranky person took it to management and then threw it away. Yes I have the germaphobe thing but even my fellow coworkers were like OMG. Lets just have the whole place out sick for the holidays some people are just plain stupid.
  • Living360
    Living360 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    @2020pinktogo I hope tomorrow is a better day for you.
  • livingyoung28
    livingyoung28 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Good morning all, I have been off track but this week will commit to working out at least 4 times this week - 1 hour a day. I also joined up for Daily Burn, I do not know if anyone has tried this but is worth checking out. They have a new work out every day depending on your goals and a motivating community. I have put on a few pounds the last few weeks so really have to get on track.
  • NewOR2015
    Options
    Yesterday was a good day. However, there is still so much temptation around me. Food everywhere! I decided to motivate myself by celebrating that I am now 25 lbs down. I have not been at this weight since 2004. I have updated my "photo" to show that I am peeling off the layers!
  • SweetPeasMom55
    Options
    @Living360 Thanks for the encouragement
    @NewOR2015 Love the new pic :)
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    NewOR2015 wrote: »
    Yesterday was a good day. However, there is still so much temptation around me. Food everywhere! I decided to motivate myself by celebrating that I am now 25 lbs down. I have not been at this weight since 2004. I have updated my "photo" to show that I am peeling off the layers!

That's great!
  • TrishV2013
    TrishV2013 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I am officially on Winter Break and my eating hasn't been great. I have gone out the last couple nights in a row with friends. My exercise has been consistent though, so I will keep that up. I got in five workouts over the week, including three days of strength training. After the holidays are over I will be working on trying to lose 2 lbs per week, as I had been doing originally when I started my journey.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy week. Happy Holidays!
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Living360 wrote: »
    Do what you can for others (MIL & Family) this week but do not forget to take care of yourself. If you're not healthy you cannot provide for others. I understand your MIL's reluctance to be in the NH. Sometime's you have to let people make their own decisions even when we know there could be a better way. Have faith, this to shall pass. I don't know how or why but things usually work out how they are meant to be. Sending you good vibes for an easier than expected week!

Thank you! She's getting out of NH today, so I'm happy for her. She's walking on her own and able to get out of bed/ to bathroom/ etc. so that's the important thing.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    I'm only working one and a half days this week! Got a bunch of training scheduled and plans to see friends and family. Movies with Dad, breakfast with a friend, brother in town for a few days, Christmas eve dinner with my gym family, a day of fun with one if my besties who is having a rough time, baking some treats for my staff and gym stays open so I can keep training!
    Sounds like a wonderful week! What a great community/family you must have with your training partners and gym family! Very important to have that support system.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Looking forward to a wonderful week. The weather is warmer than usual for the most part and I'm hoping to take advantage with some outside time. There's a chance of rain most days, but it shouldn't be raining all day.

Where are you from JMarcella? I'm in MN and it's SO weird not to have snow on the ground this time of year! It feels more like early spring! I want snow! :)
  • KrisM111
    Options
    I'm working straight through til x-mas so it's literally just plug through and rest when I can. Today I lost my cool at work but you don't serve the employees something you wouldn't sell on the shelf that is just gross. So This cranky person took it to management and then threw it away. Yes I have the germaphobe thing but even my fellow coworkers were like OMG. Lets just have the whole place out sick for the holidays some people are just plain stupid.

Yikes. I don't blame you... last thing you guys need is for the whole place to get sick when you have to work through the week! Hope it gets better there for you. I'm working through the week too. Oh, and my employer said we could go ahead and work unlimited OT and ON Christmas day, eve, New Year's day. Not gonna happen.
  • KrisM111
    Options
    Good morning all, I have been off track but this week will commit to working out at least 4 times this week - 1 hour a day. I also joined up for Daily Burn, I do not know if anyone has tried this but is worth checking out. They have a new work out every day depending on your goals and a motivating community. I have put on a few pounds the last few weeks so really have to get on track.

I haven't heard of it, but will check it out! WTG getting back on track... few lbs. is just a blip on the radar. You'll shed it off in no time.

• KrisM111
    Options
    NewOR2015 wrote: »

25 lbs. That is awesome! Love the new pic!!! You're going to be a thin apple slice by then end of this. LOL
  • KrisM111
    Options
    I am officially on Winter Break and my eating hasn't been great. I have gone out the last couple nights in a row with friends. My exercise has been consistent though, so I will keep that up. I got in five workouts over the week, including three days of strength training. After the holidays are over I will be working on trying to lose 2 lbs per week, as I had been doing originally when I started my journey.

I hope everyone has a happy, healthy week. Happy Holidays!

Yay for being on Winter Break! I think it's great you've been keeping up with your exercise even if your eating hasn't been OP. I have a tendency to let one affect the other, which doesn't help matters, so at least you've been consistent with exercise. You'll be ready to get those 2 lbs. off after the holidays! :) My goal is to maintain through this week, cut myself a little slack, but just not majorly backslide.
  • SweetPeasMom55
    edited December 2015
    Options
    X-mas is the only day we are closed thus the day off LOL. I need to get ready for work yet I have spent the afternoon on the phone walking my sister through how to remove crayon from your clothes and dryer. :D I'm so glad those days are over for me but I'm the one my sister relies on to call for assistance. LOL It just makes me laugh every time she says I'm too old for this.
  • NewOR2015
    edited December 2015
    Options
    My two-year-old daughter once left a crayon to melt in the back seat of my car. She's 34 now and doesn't drive. Maybe it's because I told her that when she gets her own car I was going to leave a crayon in her back seat when she's not looking.