Workout vs Food balance

Options
Hey guys! I'm looking to lose 5-10 (hopefully more like 10) pounds. I've got my FitBit (yay!) and am trying to ease back into a workout routine.

I broke my ankle in October and just got out of a boot a few weeks ago. During this time, I sat around a lot because I wasn't allowed to walk on it (I was also living in Bangladesh where getting around is a nightmare even if you ARE healthy). Since I couldn't stand and cook (or go shopping), I ate a lot of crappy food (ie whatever would be delivered) and fell into some bad habits.

Now I'm back in the US for a few weeks, finally healthy enough to start walking/jogging, and want to get back in shape. I'm starting with the Couch 2 5K program since I want to ease back in after not walking or running for months. I am also lifting with free weights 2-3 times a week.

Does anyone have any great programs they love? I'm not sure my body is ready for HIIT yet, although I'll take recommendations. Anyone using Nike Workout app?

Finally, one of my problems when I start working out is that it makes me SO much hungrier. Sometimes I feel like I get fatter when I start working out because I can't control my appetite (especially if I add swimming into my workout routine). Anyone else have this problem?

Would love some online buddies to help me stay motivated and reach my goals!
Jennifer