Tips and Tricks

Options
MrsRando
MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
While losing weight we've all found tips and tricks that help us through the process. What things help you to get (or stay) motivated or to keep snacking to a minimum?

When I was successful here are some things I did;

If I have a lot of calories left at the end of the day I'd have a glass of milk as a snack.
Planning my meals and entering them in MFP helped keep me under my limit

Now your turn :)

Replies

• kayeaman
    kayeaman Posts: 5
    Options
    Doing things I enjoy for exercise always helped me. I found out you don't have to do hard cardio, just get up and move. The one time I had extremly successful weight loss, I stopped eating out. That made a huge difference!
  • MrsRando
    MrsRando Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Get up and move... I think I will have to remember that one.

Not eating out for our family is difficult but we have to do better at this for health and money reasons.
  • mommyofjandj
    Options
    I am starting to realize that white bread is something I need to try to avoid and substitute with a healthier carb. My weight is always up when I am not paying attention to that.
  • kayeaman
    kayeaman Posts: 5
    Options
    I agree. I love eating out. Until I started looking up the calories. Ugh it's crazy. I just ate out at a Greek restaurant and about 1000 calories. I'm lucky I've been doing my best to exercise or I'd be way over my calories for the day.