Hello

Options
QQDonna
QQDonna Posts: 281 Member
Hi...been lurking. I used to do some lifting in my younger days then switched to mostly cardio then switched to mostly nothing. In the past few years cardio workouts have been on and off. Inactive at work but fairly active on weekends. I teach and compete doing dog agility. My knee had issues in July and in August, it was scoped. They trimmed my meniscus and removed my ACL which evidently had not really been doing anything for a number of years. So started lifting again to gain strength and counter the missing ACL. I'm close to being hooked and have been working out consistently since August (other than 1 short loss of direction). Knee is doing really well.
Enjoying the info here. Ready to be even more committed. My biggest issue is eating right. I like working out. Have a great week!

Donna

Replies

• kimiuzzell
    kimiuzzell Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I've had ACL reconstruction... A couple of years ago after a ski accident, using my hamstring as a replacement. I've surprised myself with being able to lift. I may not be able to run another marathon but by heck I am loving the strength I'm gaining!!
  • QQDonna
    QQDonna Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    The body is pretty amazing if you don't abuse it!