A Classic Mistake.......

Options
I checked the nutrition facts on the little "slider" bun AFTER I'd eaten 3 of them! (Feeling stuffed and annoyed.....)

Replies

• BRaye325
    BRaye325 Posts: 1,383 Member
    Options
    That is so frustrating. I really try to look up menus and pre-log anytime I'm eating out somewhere and check the labels on any new food item. I hate those kind of surprises.
  • marekdds
    marekdds Posts: 2,211 Member
    Options
    Been there, done that! Usually get caught when I don't have time (or I get lazy) when it involves restaurants.
  • Mccmack
    Mccmack Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    Used coconut milk in my coffee for about a month last year. I thought it was a good idea, but I was not paying attention to the calories because when I finally noticed, I had been getting about 350 calories a day more than I thought.
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    Oh ... I hate that !!!!!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 13,158 Member
    Options
    A while back, I had a chicken wrap for lunch without checking the cal count. Logged it later... triple what I guessed... I woulda been better to get a greasy burger.
  • nikkib0103
    nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    It is shocking how sometimes what we perceive as the healthier choice may actually be higher in calories than what the "less good choice" might be. It does get tricky.
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Right, I've noticed that more and more. A treat can be super expensive calorie-wise !
  • bibliocephalus
    bibliocephalus Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    One particular chain restaruant grilled chicken salad comes to mind. . .it was about 2x the calories of the cheeseburger! :\
  • beverlyjlarson
    beverlyjlarson Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    It really anoys me at home when someone tosses the container before I get a chance to scan the barcode. I end up searching and guessing.
  • jjdig
    jjdig Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I thought San Pelligrino flavored soda-waters were - waters -- drank freely over the holidays until I stopped to look at the side of the can... 150 calories per can?!!! WHAT?!!!!
  • MostlyWater
    Options
    Wow. That's almost like a soda !!!!