Weekly Post - 21.-28.12.2015

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Well I'm off work for two weeks and have more plans than I wanted. ...but no social obligations today, that include a meal, thus I am sneaking in a fast B) Might be the only one I can get in until the 4th.

Got up late, off to the hairdressers and later of to walk my care horse. So a fast should be no big problem. Only obstacle...I have to go food shopping. But I'm gonna pull that off too :D

Have a great day!

Replies

• Karen_can_do_this
    Karen_can_do_this Posts: 1,150 Member
    Options
    flumi_f wrote: »
    Well I'm off work for two weeks and have more plans than I wanted. ...but no social obligations today, that include a meal, thus I am sneaking in a fast B) Might be the only one I can get in until the 4th.

Got up late, off to the hairdressers and later of to walk my care horse. So a fast should be no big problem. Only obstacle...I have to go food shopping. But I'm gonna pull that off too :D

Have a great day!

Enjoy your holidays!!!!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Thank you!

Pretty successful fast...600cals minus 200cals of walking/jogging and a trip to the grocery store without buying anything, I shouldn't :p
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Way to go flumi - I had a fast yesterday too and did just fine, all of last week was pretty much a disaster so it's good to have the feeling of a fast day behind me again! That's the really good part of eating this way... back in charge!
  • boombalatty123
    boombalatty123 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I fasted today and I'm not hungry at all (but I think that's because I feel like I slightly over ate a couple days in a row :( ).

We're getting ready to travel for the holidays on Thursday, so I don't know whether I'll be able to fast while visiting family. I think I'm going to concentrate on eating light whenever possible and not worry about sticking to fast levels of calories.
  • orlcam
    orlcam Posts: 533 Member
    Options
    Thank you all for your confessions...you have been absolved. As your penance you will enjoy the rest of your holidays and binge watch a dozen episodes of "Extreme Weight Loss" on January 2nd.

In the name of the pastas, sticky buns, and holy cheeses....amen.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    :*
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Exactly one year ago, I made a decision to change my life. I was so tired of my station in life. I felt I had fulfilled the cliche of what it means to be a middle-aged woman. Overweight and frumpy, I felt like I had joined the rest of the overweight/frumpy/middle-aged woman club. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I just decided "I'm halfway to death (or a little less than halfway if you believe life expectancy trends), is this how I want to be for the remainder of my life?". So, somehow, I discovered the 5:2 diet and, one year later, I'm 40 pounds lighter. I don't feel frumpy anymore. My passion (besides my family) is ballet and I continue to make huge gains in technique and skill that continually surprise me and my teacher. To me, I'm defying what it means to be middle-aged. As I witness the decline in my mothers health, I am grateful for the opportunity to figure out how I want to get older. Do I want to just let it happen or go out with a bang? I choose the latter. So, Happy Anniversary to me...I'm choosing to celebrate with a fast :wink: and a Happy Holiday to all of you!! May you all find your way towards your goals!!
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Exactly one year ago, I made a decision to change my life. I was so tired of my station in life. I felt I had fulfilled the cliche of what it means to be a middle-aged woman. Overweight and frumpy, I felt like I had joined the rest of the overweight/frumpy/middle-aged woman club. I've struggled with my weight my whole life and I just decided "I'm halfway to death (or a little less than halfway if you believe life expectancy trends), is this how I want to be for the remainder of my life?". So, somehow, I discovered the 5:2 diet and, one year later, I'm 40 pounds lighter. I don't feel frumpy anymore. My passion (besides my family) is ballet and I continue to make huge gains in technique and skill that continually surprise me and my teacher. To me, I'm defying what it means to be middle-aged. As I witness the decline in my mothers health, I am grateful for the opportunity to figure out how I want to get older. Do I want to just let it happen or go out with a bang? I choose the latter. So, Happy Anniversary to me...I'm choosing to celebrate with a fast :wink: and a Happy Holiday to all of you!! May you all find your way towards your goals!!

Wow!
    Beautifully said, inspirational feelings, thank you for sharing and congratulations on your Anniversary!
    <3
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Flossy let's open a new club...fit old farts. ..or something.

Awesome job! And your story is my story...5:2 since May 2013....25 kg off and maintaining. ..so much happier stronger fitter more agile...we shall never go back Flossy :)
  • flumi_f
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Fit Old Farts it is, Flumi!! Love it!! And, no, we will never go back! I don't care if I've got a walker and an oxygen tank. I'll keep dancing and trying to defy what people think it means to grow old.
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Happy Holidays!

Seems I have a day free of social obligations...taking the opportunity to slip in a fast before I leave for a few days to Germany. Had a 7.5k walk in the sun this morning and a lazy afternoon now.

Enjoy your day.
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Only got one fast day in this week, and over indulged yesterday (boo!) - aiming to stay under my "normal" calories today and tomorrow and then fitting in better fasting next week.
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    I welcome today's fast after 2 days of abundant rich food and alcohol. I just can't do that anymore. I haven't taken a break from fasting this holiday season, but I'm looking forward to less goopy (yes, goopy...meaning cheesy, saucy, creamy) foods. The joke between my husband and I after we have these types of events is that all we are going eat is kale. Neither one of us can stomach kale (it's a texture issue), but you get the idea. Back to bark and twigs to get my gastrointestinal system back to normal!!! Even gravel sounds kind of good after the past 2 days.
  • snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    I welcome today's fast after 2 days of abundant rich food and alcohol. I just can't do that anymore. I haven't taken a break from fasting this holiday season, but I'm looking forward to less goopy (yes, goopy...meaning cheesy, saucy, creamy) foods. The joke between my husband and I after we have these types of events is that all we are going eat is kale. Neither one of us can stomach kale (it's a texture issue), but you get the idea. Back to bark and twigs to get my gastrointestinal system back to normal!!! Even gravel sounds kind of good after the past 2 days.

HA! My kids are eating kale soup as we speak/ type! It is actually pretty good when boil it (long) and make a soup with it her her, but I know what you mean! I will definitely be making a great game plan for the new year.
    orlcam wrote: »
    Thank you all for your confessions...you have been absolved. As your penance you will enjoy the rest of your holidays and binge watch a dozen episodes of "Extreme Weight Loss" on January 2nd.

In the name of the pastas, sticky buns, and holy cheeses....amen.

My sentiments exactly