Hi to all

Options

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Stay strong, Craig! That's my problem time, too. Most days I can circumvent cravings by elaborately flossing and brushing and mouth-washing but there are times where simple carbs win the battle :(

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    tell yourself you can eat, but just not now, you can again tomorrow...... this ALWAYS works for me.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Ultimately, it's up to you to refuse to give. Otherwise, you risk not only backsliding, but trouncing on the progress you've made. Just put your head in that space and it won't be so bad. Eat when it's time to eat. An entire world out there is feasting away by following its cravings, and look where it ended up? Be proudly going in the opposite direction. "You can have what you want..but not now."
  • craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Weekly Update

Start Weight: 259
    Last Week’s Weight: 237
    Today’s Weight: 235
    Weekly Loss: -2
    Total Loss: -24
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    Excellente!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Fabulous, Craig!!
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    wow, good stuff Craig!!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Good job!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    You are doing great!
  • craignev
    Options
    Weekly Update

Start Weight: 259
    Last Week’s Weight: 235
    Today’s Weight: 232
    Weekly Loss: -3
    Total Loss: -27
  • mittenswillet
    Options
    hell yeah!!!!!! well done Craig!!
  • samgamgee
    samgamgee Posts: 398 Member
    Options
    Nice one Craig!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Great job!
  • M_Foote
    M_Foote Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Nice work!
  • vrojapu
    Options
    Cheers, Craig!!!
  • craignev
    Options
    Thanks guys. Seeing the numbers and comments each week keeps me motivated :)
  • Lipka1le
    Lipka1le Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Your killing it! Great job!
  • blambo61
    Options
    Good numbers there, way to go!

When did you start?
  • craignev
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    When did you start?

The second week of December when my wife found out she was diabetic (although there were a few 'off' days over the Christmas period ;) )

The biggest change in lifestyle has been cutting down the booze (currently doing a dry January) as we were drinking most evenings beforehand.

I finally got around to doing a blood glucose test on myself this morning (I tend to have an ostrich mentality when it comes to my health and I haven't even been to a doctor about anything in the last 7/8 years!). I was pleased to see that it was bang in the middle of the normal range :)

I also took a blood pressure reading and that was in the normal range too.

I'm loving the OMAD life. Last night I ate a large plate of Beef Chili with nachos, cheese, salsa, avocado and sour cream. It felt like a treat/feast without any guilt or regrets attached as I still ended the day on about 1100 cals! I even stepped on the scales this morning (I normally only weigh in once a week) and it was down a pound from yesterday!.....Happy days :)
  • blambo61
    edited January 2016
    Options
    craignev wrote: »
    blambo61 wrote: »
    When did you start?

The second week of December when my wife found out she was diabetic (although there were a few 'off' days over the Christmas period ;) )

The biggest change in lifestyle has been cutting down the booze (currently doing a dry January) as we were drinking most evenings beforehand.

I finally got around to doing a blood glucose test on myself this morning (I tend to have an ostrich mentality when it comes to my health and I haven't even been to a doctor about anything in the last 7/8 years!). I was pleased to see that it was bang in the middle of the normal range :)

I also took a blood pressure reading and that was in the normal range too.

I'm loving the OMAD life. Last night I ate a large plate of Beef Chili with nachos, cheese, salsa, avocado and sour cream. It felt like a treat/feast without any guilt or regrets attached as I still ended the day on about 1100 cals! I even stepped on the scales this morning (I normally only weigh in once a week) and it was down a pound from yesterday!.....Happy days :)

That is a tremendous loss since mid Dec! Sorry to hear about your wife's diagnosis. This diet has been real good for me also! Keep up the good work!