Bowel movements & all-liquid diet

Options
SaaxySam09
SaaxySam09 Posts: 10 Member
Hello reader,

I am wondering if anyone has had the same experience as me; some butt-talk is ahead, just so you are warned!

I am on day 8 of my all-liquid diet and I am having some issues with running to the bathroom every ~5-15 mins all day. This started yesterday on day 7. I have had a colonoscopy before and it seems as though I am going through that process again. When I went through thay experience my bowel movements became a bright neon yellow/green. That is what I am experiencing now - no laxatives are being consumed.

To be quite honest, with TMI, I think it is burning my skin (bile??) because it burns and stings to where its is a major discomfort to sit and stand...or anything for that matter! I am miserable. I am using vaseline to no prevail.

Anyone have a similar experience? I plan on calling my dietician in the morning but feels as though I am not going to get any errands done tomorrow or even sleep peacefully tonight.

Any advice is welcome.

Thanks!

Replies

• SaaxySam09
    SaaxySam09 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Oops...this posted twice... sorry!
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    I didn't have that particular problem...best to talk to the doctor's office. It could be one or more of the ingredients in your protein shakes.

Instead of Vaseline, get something for baby diaper rash. Boudreaux's Butt Paste is soothing and protective. Triple Paste is super protective but may sting some going on.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    The bright yellow is bile and stomach acids and it's normal. As for the burning, grab yourself some wet wipes. You're likely not getting clean or having to wipe too much or both. I'd bet a little of both. The wet wipes will help. I found baby wipes worked best. To tone down the stomach acid, try a Beano meltaway every 6 hours. It'll also help with any bloating.
  • Ultima_Morpha
    Ultima_Morpha Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »
    The bright yellow is bile and stomach acids and it's normal. As for the burning, grab yourself some wet wipes. You're likely not getting clean or having to wipe too much or both. I'd bet a little of both. The wet wipes will help. I found baby wipes worked best. To tone down the stomach acid, try a Beano meltaway every 6 hours. It'll also help with any bloating.

...but don't flush baby wipes! They can do bad, bad things to your plumbing!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    ki4eld wrote: »

...but don't flush baby wipes! They can do bad, bad things to your plumbing!

True!