How many calories do you eat to not binge?

Options
i am a short girl with about 10-15 lbs to lose. It seems like I only lose weight when I keep my calories pretty low--1200-1300. The problem is, keeping my calories this low causes me to binge. I last for about a week and then I have a big binge. How many calories do you eat to lose weight but also not binge?

Replies

• cajenns
    cajenns Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I've been doing pretty well if I keep a range between 1400-1650 but everyone is different. I would binge daily if I was eating only 1200!
  • Pudding1980
    Pudding1980 Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options
    1800-2000, but I lift heavy weights three times a week and run twice.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    To me it is more about my macros and how I break it down than the number of calories itself. I can't each much of any carbs (even veggies/bread) if I want to not binge on sweet or salty stuff. Everyone's binge triggers are different. Personally, I would look at focusing on real foods (not processed stuff, which is engineered to make you want more of it) and see if that helps, both the binge triggers and the weight losses.
  • BetterBod91
    BetterBod91 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I had to raise mine from 1300 to 1400/1500 because of the same issue.
  • totaldetermination
    totaldetermination Posts: 1,184 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
  • escapepod
    escapepod Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Like KnitOrMiss, I find avoiding bingeing isn't about how much I'm eating, or the calorie count, it's about WHAT I'm eating, and when. No processed foods, higher protein, high-fiber-only carbs, no sugar, less salt, watching my fat sources (more EVOO, avocado, sesame oil, keep meats lean). I also eat smaller meals more frequently. Small, filling meals and snacks that keep my blood sugar steady and stick with me. This change is the first time I've felt any sanity around food in 18 months.
  • TinaLavoie1
    TinaLavoie1 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    It's all of that for me: if I haven't eaten enough, if I'm eating something 'yummy,' and if I'm within a state of HAALT (I added an A for Anxious/Anxiety).