December 23 Weigh-In: How did you do?

Options
Menix8
Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
Hey, all! I know this time of year can be tough, and I'm sure everyone has had at least one meal at a party, or happy hour, or night out that they may have felt less than stellar about. I had two of those this week, one on Friday, one on Saturday. I tried to eat very healthy both days before my parties, and logged everything afterwards to the best of the MFP calorie database. I also started doing cardio again because it makes me feel better in these cold, dreary, dark days when I can use all the endorphins I can get!

I was convinced I had (at best) maintained this week, but I stepped on the scale this morning and am down 1.5 pounds after three weeks of maintaining! I won't lie, I've been discouraged about my lack of progress, but I've continued being honest in my logging, I've been working out because I want to, and I'm trying to make good choices while not depriving myself. And this is just the boost I needed to remind me that weight loss is NOT linear, and you don't have to kill yourself to lose weight.

Hope you all had great weeks, and here's to the holidays ahead!

Replies

• SweetPeasMom55
    SweetPeasMom55 Posts: 3,385 Member
    Options
    140 down a 1/2 a lb not sure if it'll last through til next week but what ever. LOL :)
  • thom2369
    thom2369 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Wow great job Menix8!! That is fabulous you are doing amazingly well. I haven't been keeping track of my calories too well and I bought some yummy treats that I never (I mean ever) get to eat. Cheese and crackers, salami and french onion dip. Living in Korea these things are a specialty. And wine too. Luckily I stayed pretty much the same from last week. Back up 200 grams but I am confident I can get it down again.
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I didn't loose any weight this week but I'm happy I didn't gain either. I was on vacation for an entire week and ate lots but I walked a lot so at least I didn't put on any weight. Back to it this week, I'm hoping to loose 2 pounds by next weigh in.
  • JMarcella57
    JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
    Options
    Only a 1/2 pound this week. But at least it's going in the right direction. Looking forward to a better post next week.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I have been terrible about logging food this week, but very committed to getting my workout out in, so I was pleasantly surprised to be down today (forgot to weigh yesterday). My eating has been pretty average except for the wine consumption and a bit of extra chocolate, so not going overboard in that department, just way too busy busy busy to sit down a key things in...totally slack of me, I'll get better!!!
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I have company for 7 days. Have been doing nothing but cooking. I find it difficult every Christmas for at least a week due to visiting and the meals, snacking involved. It also doesn't help that I don't have time to fit in exercise. However; I think this year I am doing better than most as I usually gain at least 5 pounds over the holidays and this year so far only a half pound.
  • groder123
    groder123 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    It's great to read everyone's challenges--they're all so real. I've been stuck with food--keep thinking that "it's the holidays, I can eat everything!" I have no idea where I go that idea.

I am not tracking my food, nor am I being very mindful at home.
    My weight's about the same when I joined, but I've been wary of getting on the scale. Maybe it's more??!!??

On the plus side:
    I ran for 55 minutes today--almost 6 miles! I'm getting closer to my goal of running a 10k by Valentines' Day.
    My body is getting smaller--today I was using the stretch bench, and when I bent forward, my forehead touched the seat (as it used to do when I was smaller). I felt so limber and athletic (right!) because I haven't been able to fold myself up that tightly for this whole year. My tummy is finally out of the way.

Going forward, I'm going to focus on my running goals (10k @6mi/hr!), exercise in general (move 5x/wk) and healthful goals (meditate each morning) and have faith the rest of my behavior with follow these three healthy goals.
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, I couldn't weigh myself this Wednesday, because I was away the entire week. I didn't have a food scale and I didn't even have access to a gym, so I tried to walk as much as possible and eat healthy, but still, I feel my portions were too big... I'll se the real damage in two days when I step on the scale again... Hope you all had lovely holidays!
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    groder123 wrote: »
    On the plus side:
    I ran for 55 minutes today--almost 6 miles! I'm getting closer to my goal of running a 10k by Valentines' Day.

This is awesome, and I'm super impressed! I've never run a 10k, but it's been on my to-do list for a few years now.

Every time I run a 5k, I'm all "That was fun! I should train for a 10k." And then I just fall off my training schedule, and the goal gets pushed back again, and again, ha.
  • ladiva05
    ladiva05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Hi All!!! Happy Holidays.... I was able to weigh in on the 23rd.... but I've had company since then and now I'm out of town w/o a scale. I am getting in workouts here and there...tracking as best i can, eating is mostly restaurants URGH!!!!!!! I can't wait to get home to normalcy and my own daily routines!!!