I want to EAT ALL THE FOOD!!!

Options
macchiatto
macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
I guess I've gotten my appetite back the past day or two after it being a little off for a week or so when I was sick (bronchitis, nothing GI-related).

What do you do to stay on track when you feel like you just want to eat everything? It probably doesn't help that everywhere else I look, people are posting about their Christmas menus and all this amazing-sounding carbaliciousness. Er, I mean carbage. ;) I'm already 140 calories over for today but I'm still hungry.

Replies

• elyse520
    elyse520 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    How are your macros? You might need more fat or protein to fill you up. I wouldn't worry too much about today since you've been sick ☺just be more diligent tomorrow
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I usually have hot tea with a splash of heavy cream when I'm unusually hungry. Seems to help!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    @elyse520 they're pretty on target, actually. 102g fat, 97g protein (a little over), 42g carbs (26 net carbs). And thanks! Yeah, looking at my week view, my average calorie intake is just under goal (4 days under, 3 days a little over) and the previous week my average was about 100 cals under so I'm probably OK as long as it doesn't keep up.

@anglyn1 that sounds worth trying! :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I use coffee with hwc to satisfy hunger when it strikes. But, being ill does make the body use more energy, imo, to achieve healthy again, therefore, the hunger for more calories. Recognizing hunger as different is awesome though! This is when you go back to the basics, then, within a few days, you're reaping the benefits of this woe once again!
  • Pinkspiritt
    Pinkspiritt Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Just drink more fluids and go for a walk listening to music! That helps me.
  • dhill_84
    dhill_84 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Drinking more water does the trick for me. I find when I'm low on water I wake up feeling like I'm starving
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,958 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I usually drink more water, chew sugar-free gum, or brew a flavorful cup of tea. I like to blend a bag of Cinnamon Apple Spice with Sleepytime Tea. With a tsp of Truvia, it tastes like apple pie in a cup. This helps relax me and forget any bedtime hungries.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Lately, I have just been going with the hunger but staying in my macros. I am not going to try to lose weight over the next week. I am sure getting back on track will be a challenge but in the past a fat fast seems to really help get my appetite down and ketones up. That will be my plan for January 2nd.

Otherwise a cup of tea, broth, or bpc helps me.