Options
Hi, everyone, and thank you for accepting my request. I'm looking forward to getting to know all you! I'm starting Wheat Belly tomorrow in hopes of improving my health. I have a weight loss goal of 60 pounds. I hope that this lifestyle change and exercise will also help me with managing my PCOS symptoms so that I'll take less medications. Feel free to add me!

Replies

• esaucier17
    esaucier17 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You will love this group. A lot of people here have great advice and you can find a lot of helpul ideas and info
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome! It's wonderful to have you join us!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I hope your PCOS improves quickly. :)

So what is the wheat belly diet? I read his book a few years ago but I'm not sure how restrictive the diet is.
  • catherineh1027
    catherineh1027 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's focusing on staying away from grains and detoxing you from them. He addresses the side effects of grains, as well as sugars, and what you should avoid, what you should limit, and what you need to eat more of. In addition, you focus on net carbs with a target range up to 50 grams a day. A lot of the doctors I work with recommend for their patients and are also following themselves with impressive results.

Thank you for the lovely welcomes! It's great to have a group with supportive people!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I read that book a while back and tried out the diet. Hope it works well for you! I'm currently doing keto.
  • ms_smartypants
    ms_smartypants Posts: 8,278 Member
    Options
    Welcome to an awesome group of people :)
  • Jbarnes1210
    Jbarnes1210 Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Welcome!! Youlll like it here:)
  • Kitnthecat
    Kitnthecat Posts: 2,060 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Everything you can read or learn about low carb will enrich your experience and knowledge, and of course, the support in this group will give you staying power. Enjoy the experience!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group! I'm still newish here myself but have already learned much more about the LCHF lifestyle from these awesome people. Great group of people willing to help you all they can. My only regret is I didn't find this group when I first decided to start keto.
  • catherineh1027
    Options
    This is great! I'm excited about the community. :smile: I'm curious to see as to how my body will react over the next several days, as well as the following weeks. In Dr. Davis' book, he recommended lowering or getting rid of insulin lowering medications, so I'm cutting out my Metformin. I'm not a diabetic; it's recommended for PCOS. However, my fasting sugars in the morning are typically at 70 to 75 currently.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have his book on my table right now. I've been pretty busy and am moving through it slowly. Great so far though.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    It's focusing on staying away from grains and detoxing you from them. He addresses the side effects of grains, as well as sugars, and what you should avoid, what you should limit, and what you need to eat more of. In addition, you focus on net carbs with a target range up to 50 grams a day. A lot of the doctors I work with recommend for their patients and are also following themselves with impressive results.

Thank you for the lovely welcomes! It's great to have a group with supportive people!

Sounds interesting. :). I think I'll see if my library has it. Thanks.
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Welcome!!!
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,418 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am interested in getting the book..maybe I can pick it up sometime next week :)
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Make sure to read the information in the Launch Pad too! The wonderful people here created that for folks to get the best information needed to be a success at this woe! It's located at the top of the group forum page!
  • catherineh1027
    Options
    Sounds great! Will do! It's great meeting all of you!
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Hi and thank you for accepting me in the group. I don't know much about low cab only not to eat bread, rice, pasta or things like that. I know I will learn a lot from this group and be able to get to my goal weight.