Roka jammer

Options
fishgutzy
fishgutzy Posts: 2,807 Member
My wife got me a Roka Jammer for Christmas.
Size by number is same as the Speedo Endurance.
Sits a little lower than the Speedo but very comfortable.
The true test will be longevity. I'll retort back as I go.
The Roka is supposed to be one of the highest rated. We shall see.

Replies

• AquaticQuests
    AquaticQuests Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Good stuff. How long do they usually last?
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Good stuff. How long do they usually last?

I will report back on longevity. :D
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    6 weeks of swimming 4 miles at least 5 times a week. No seam or color fading at all.
    Washing the seams with soap in the shower worked to virtually eliminate fading on my Speedo Endurance Race too.
    No change in elasticity either.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Here we are in July, so a good 5 to 6 months of swimming 5 times a week for 4 mile, just over two hours each time.

No sign of fading in the stitching or material. No thinning of the material as I experienced when I tried a TYR jammer.
    Using the foaming shower soap after to wash out the chlorine instead of just rinsing may be helping here too.
    So far this Roka has lasted longer than 2 of the previous Speedo Endurance Race jammers. But I didn't wash those. Just rinsed. A Speedo that I did soap up was lasting longer than earlier editions. But then I got the Roka for Christmas. :D
  • Montepulciano
    Montepulciano Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip about rinsing and will look into the Roka brand for women.
  • fishgutzy
    Options

Use shampoo or foaming soap. That cleans out the chlorine. Rinsing alone doesn't quote do it.
  • fishgutzy
    Options

Link to their women's suits.
    http://www.rokasports.com/collections/womens-swimwear
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Finally had to buy a new one.
    Lasted just over 10 months.
    Would have lasted longer if I didn't sit diem on the concrete pool edge to get in.
    When I got the new one in I compared it to the 'old' one. The fading after 10 months of swimming 4 miles a day at least 5 days a week was barely noticeable.
    Clearly, had I out down my kick board first and sat on that, I'd still be using the original.
    Even at that it lasted more than 3 times as long as the Speedo Endurance Race hammers I was using before this.
    At $50 the Roka jammer is definitely the best value given how much longer it lasts.
    You buy directly in their website.
  • fishgutzy
    Options
    Follow up.
    Still going strong with my second Roka jammer. Almost a year now and no signs of fading or wear.
    Y'all know how much I swim. 800 to 900 miles a year. That something over 400 hours of soaking in Chlorine pools.
    I'd expect Roka's women's line to be as durable.
    There claim to be designed by swimmers for swimmers is proving to be true.
    Speedo is designed by marketing to self destruct after 4 months to ensure more sales.
    So save some money. If you wear a jammer, check out Roka.
    I do wash mine with soap in the shower after my swims rather than letting it soak in the chlorine all the time.
    https://www.roka.com/products/mens-elite-swim-jammer-swimsuit?variant=29460330433
  • Robertus
    Robertus Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the testing and report, fishgutzy. Just ordered a Roka suit as one of my spares.

I like to keep a stash of suit, goggles, and earplugs in my home, car, and work so I'm always ready to go for a swim, where ever I happen to be. This way I do not need to think and plan so much. Hurts my brain.