Push through hard moments

Options
Having a discouraging moment? Share it and let us help you through it.

Replies

• missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    So today is the first day in months that I feel discouraged. I tend to be a genuinely confident person but today,

I looked in the mirror and picked myself apart.

I felt fat. I felt ugly, and I even hate my hair today lol.

I had to remind myself that there will be hard days and that I can keep exercising or I can accept that my effort for the day is enough and recognize that I won't look any different tonight but maybe I'll feel different tomorrow.

This is a slow process and I want to believe myself but right now I am faking it until I make it.
  • lowcarbfitness
    lowcarbfitness Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    Honey, I have 50 KGs to lose, believe me it is been an uphill battle, but one year later, I am pushing through. We can do this!
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I started MFP Jan of 2015 and lost 32 pounds that year. But my commitment waned and now I have gained 12 pounds back. I dropped out of the Biggest Loser Challenge in the Spring and got rid of my phone ap. But today I realized that this was not going to help me, just hurt me. So I am back. I am going to start by doing a low carb, high protein diet and make an effort to get in exercise every day. I have 100 pounds to go. But am taking it one day at a time.
  • missjazminenicole
    missjazminenicole Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    you'll be there in no time! Just take it day by day :smiley:
  • nannersp61
    nannersp61 Posts: 2,315 Member
    Options
    I'm glad I started yesterday. We had a potluck dinner last night. I brought a green salad and concentrated on protein veggies and fruit. Normally I would have picked ked all the starchy, fitting items plus a desert.