ACV for Candida? (ladies especially)

Options
deksgrl
deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
So, my Christmas splurge on candy and carbs seems to have allowed the candida to get out of control and now I'm really regretting it. I have read that apple cider vinegar is good for prevention, but is it strong enough and fast enough to knock out an infection, or should I just go right for the Monistat?

Replies

• nicintime
    nicintime Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Posts like this are SO motivational to not cheat!

Thank you! :smile:

Sorry for the thread hijack - keto on!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Drug it out but follow up with low sugar diet. These candida dudes are associated with hard to dianose illness like chronic fatigue so I'd recommend firing both barrels at them, take your a. C. Vinegar and take a probiotic to help the good guys win.
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Def take care of your business with Monistat, then stay off the carbs =)
  • deksgrl
    Options
    In other probably related news, hot flashes seem to be wild the last few days. Google candida and hot flashes and bingo there too. *sigh*
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    CMYKRGB wrote: »
    Def take care of your business with Monistat, then stay off the carbs =)

That's what I'd do too. Take the Monistat and then stay on top of the problem with ACV and a good quality refrigerated probiotic. I have no idea how much acv you'd have to swig to make a difference though :confounded:
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    During my research about caprylic acid, I discovered products like these.
    Now Foods Candida Support Formula, Veg-capsules, 180-Count https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000E7R3FY/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_oXgHwbFP4NGEY
    Maybe check into that and see if it can help.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I realized that other link identifies the source as magnesium caprylate. I am not so familiar with this.
    This other product specifies short to medium chain triglycerides, which we already know come with many other benefits as well.
    NOW Foods Caprylic Acid 600mg, 100 Softgels https://www.amazon.com/dp/B001AWWC4O/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_awd_xthHwb8FQE3Y2
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    In other probably related news, hot flashes seem to be wild the last few days. Google candida and hot flashes and bingo there too. *sigh*

Ugh poor you! I'd go at it from all angles: monistat for relief and diet.

so sorry!
  • V_Keto_V
    V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Get a diagnosis first, then Azole Anti-Fungal the hell out of it
  • deksgrl
    Options
    Interesting. I didn't get to the drug store for the Monistat, and it wasn't feeling so bad yet that I felt like I had to really make extra effort to get there. But you know how that goes, it's fine then at night it drives you crazy. So I topically wiped down the area with ACV and that tremendously cut down the discomfort all night. Drug store is definitely on the list for today though.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/coconut-oil.htm

http://www.institutefornaturalhealing.com/2015/07/candida-doesnt-stand-a-chance-against-this-oil/

Just two of many found by Google. Boosting of one's metabolic rate by 24% is one claim I would need to see some hard science supporting that number.
  • Christine_72
    Christine_72 Posts: 16,049 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I didn't get to the drug store for the Monistat, and it wasn't feeling so bad yet that I felt like I had to really make extra effort to get there. But you know how that goes, it's fine then at night it drives you crazy. So I topically wiped down the area with ACV and that tremendously cut down the discomfort all night. Drug store is definitely on the list for today though.

@deksgrl did you dilute the ACV or put it on straight?
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I lost 15 inches with many thanks to the support and accountability of the last challenge I did with Kristen and crew (next version is let yourself transform) plus my Doctor putting me on a very low sugar diet to treat a medical issue: Candida overgrowth in my gut. Both fatigue and those 15 inches gone.

When I start restricting sugars and eliminating startches and fruit, I didn't know some people chose to eat low carb to loose weight. I do now! It's working for me.
  • deksgrl
    Options

@deksgrl did you dilute the ACV or put it on straight?

I put in on straight though I had read to make a partial solution. There was some slight stinging, but no more than soap or cream or anything else is in those circumstances, then gone.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    There's also some gret info in this article about it being an anti-fungal... Lots of awesome info in this article about why this is as essential to our diets as magnesium, and why it's as missing from our foods (soil depletion). Supplements can be purchased online, too....

www.health-science-spirit.com/borax.htm

Fungi and Fluoride

Being such an excellent fungicide it is not surprising that borax is being successfully used to treat Candida. There is much interesting information on an Earth Clinic forum called Borax Cures (10). With low to medium-weight people use 1/8 teaspoon of borax powder and with heavier weight 1/4 teaspoon per litre of water. One drinks the water spaced out during the day, and does this for 4 or 5 days a week as long as required.

Many contributors wrote that it cured or greatly helped them. So for instance this post: "I also have psoriasis, so maybe the soreness in my joints is the psoriatic arthritis creeping in. I thought, after reading about borax here on this forum, I would give it a try. OMG! In one day, the soreness in my knees has vanished! .... Also, my psoriasis seems a lot better after 2 days drinking 1/4 tsp borax in 1 litre of water per day."

Another one about toe fungus: "He wet his feet and then took a handful (of borax) and rubbed it all over his feet. He said it stopped itching immediately! He was stunned. A few weeks later I asked him how his athletes foot was and he said: oh wow! it hasn't come back! that stuff totally cured it !!!"

Other enthusiastic posts were about vaginal thrush. Borax appeared to be more effective than other remedies. Commonly one large gelatine capsule filled with borax or boric acid was inserted at bedtime for several nights or up to 2 weeks. Alternatively the powder can be mixed with cool solidified coconut oil as a bolus or suppository.
  • JessicaLCHF
    JessicaLCHF Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    It's a good rash get-ridder. I had what I believe to be keto rash over most of my body a few weeks ago. Started washing it down four times a day with ACV mixed with water and it's totally cleared up. I use high potency steroid creams for rashes I get all the time, esp on my elbows, and this wasn't touching it. But the ACV worked wonders. I was impressed. Also cuts the itching drastically, tho it can burn if you've been itching - just for a few secs tho. Side note my husband used it to get rid of his athletes foot which it did.
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Options
    Never had vaginal candida issues, but did have gastro candida problems many years ago. Besides the carbs/sugars, you need to ditch mushrooms (temporarily), peanuts (due to molds), and anything pickled (except raw fermented).
    The ACV needs to be the natural kind with the 'mother' in it to work best.
  • WIChelle
    WIChelle Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    Ive had very good luck using oil of oregano orally.
  • eomidwife
    eomidwife Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hate the ingredients in monostat and the like. Pure toxic chemicals (with an antifungal) absorb very readily in mucosal tissue. A high quality (not store bought typically) essential oil of lavender and melaleuca in virgin coconut oil works really well...fast:) If you don't have those, try just the organic virgin coconut oil (not quite as effective but)...up it goes:) ACV in a bath helps too...just wash out. Sorry guys TMI...midwife on board.
  • GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    @eomidwife welcome to MFP forums.