Now that's my kind of salad!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Yum! Maybe just MORE BACON? =)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Yes! That's what I'm having right now, just finished frying up a skillet!! Never thought to call it my salad, lol ...... but I am up for it!!
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    My absolute favorite kind of salad!! lol On a side note, one of the dishes I made as part of Christmas dinner was raspberry coleslaw and I added bacon to it...oh yes, you know I did!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Perfect!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lol! That's funny!
    But these two examples are not too far from the common conclusions people draw when thinking about low carb.
    It's either, "So, you only eat meat?" Or "What can you eat then? There's nothing left!"

(It's too hard to italicize just one word on mobile!)
  • catherineh1027
    catherineh1027 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    It's even better when you tell folks you're going grain free. Lol.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    I didn't look at this for a few days because I am not much of a salad person, but that saad might convert me. LOL
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    LOL, perfect!

You know what I had for breakfast this morning?
    Coffee with HWC and 3 strips of bacon.

DH and I were talking about my weight loss this morning (15 lbs in 2 months on keto! 3 lbs away from goal) and he marveled, "Can you believe you're losing weight eating bacon?" :)
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Lol! That's funny!
    But these two examples are not too far from the common conclusions people draw when thinking about low carb.
    It's either, "So, you only eat meat?" Or "What can you eat then? There's nothing left!"

Whenever I tell people what I don't won't or can't eat, they look at me like I have 3 heads. But they were all drooling over my yummy smelling cauliflower Casserole at work yesterday. That stuff was awesome and I hate cauliflower. Tasted more like a loaded baked potato salad.

• phxteach
    phxteach Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    @SoosannahK - got recipe for that cauliflower casserole? sounds yummy :)
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    phxteach wrote: »
    @SoosannahK - got recipe for that cauliflower casserole? sounds yummy :)

I second that! Would love to know the recipe.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    Lol! That's funny!

Whenever I tell people what I don't won't or can't eat, they look at me like I have 3 heads. But they were all drooling over my yummy smelling cauliflower Casserole at work yesterday. That stuff was awesome and I hate cauliflower. Tasted more like a loaded baked potato salad.

Give them this:

os0okkhsbgff.jpg
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL I like that.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options

And there you have the beginnings of a REAL BPT. yum <3
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    1 head cauliflower, broken to small bite size florets and steamed til soft (I use a bag of frozen cause fresh cauliflower is $5/head here right now and a generic frozen bag is 1.79) (Bilo store brand Southern Home)
    8 pcs bacon, fried til crispy. (Gwaltney Hardwood smoked no sugar added)
    4oz cream cheese, softened (Philadelphia)
    1/2 cup sour cream (Daisy)
    1/4 cup green onion, finely chopped (Fresh). I used white and green parts.
    1/4 grated Parmesan (Kraft)
    1 cup shredded mild cheddar (Bilo store brand, Southern Home)

Steam cauliflower and drain. Fry bacon and drain. Break bacon into small pieces. If you want a more creamy casserole, use a potato masher on cauliflower before mixing in with cheese mixture.

Mix parm, cream cheese, onions and sour cream. Add cauliflower and bacon. Stir til cream cheese is all melty (make sure to add cauliflower while it is still hot to achieve this) and everything is mixed up well.

Spread in greased pan. I used a 9x9 and just cut into 4 equal chunks after baking (I weighed them too to make sure they were even) Top with cheddar. Bake at 350 for 25 mins. I then turn on broil and got my cheese a little brown and crispy. Love crispy cheese. You could use a larger pan and get more servings out of it I'm certain. 4 servings are very large servings. Mine resembled a nice big hunk of lasagna type serving.

I also added the brands that I used in figuring nutritional value.

MFP recipe maker for 4 servings: Cals- 374, Fat- 28.4, Carbs- 9.6, Fiber-1.5, (NC-8.1), Protein- 17.3

Like I said I hate cauliflower. It taste like dirt to me. I hate cauliflower crust and mashed cauliflower "potatoes". But I absolutely loved this and it will be on our table frequently. I ate it as a stand alone meal (it's very filling), but I am sure it would be great paired with a piece of chicken or a nice juicy steak.

There are several variations of this floating around on Pinterest too.

This is next to try on my list:

http://www.ibreatheimhungry.com/2013/05/pepperoni-pizza-cauliflower-casserole-low-carb-and-gluten-free.html