Calories burned average?

Options
I've been wondering if anyone would know a round about average for how many calories are burned for each work out per week.

For example:
Week 1: burns x cal. On average
Week 2: burns x cal. On average.

I just wanna log as close to accuratly as possible. [without a heart rate monitor].

Replies

• LowCoffinLucifie
    LowCoffinLucifie Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Per day workout that is
  • samra338
    samra338 Posts: 2,622 Member
    Options
    Calories burned per workout depends on individual circumstances such as weight, the speed at which you are running etc. It cannot be generalised and the only accurate way is to use a HRM. An approximation would be to use one of the apps like mapmyrun to get an idea...but they are just that... approximations! As long as you keep working out and eating sensibly, the weight will come off...don't worry too much about it. All the best!
  • Just_Ceci
    Just_Ceci Posts: 5,926 Member
    Options
    Generally, I'd say about 100 calories per mile, but you can't be sure without a HRM.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Use distance and time to work out your average speed and then log on here?
  • Merrysix
    Merrysix Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    My HRM always overestimates how many calories I burn, based on my experience.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    Options
    In my experience I burn about 170kcal on a 5k run. I'm not particularly large nor heavy though.
  • bspringer544
    bspringer544 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    It may or may not be accurate but I go with:

http://42.195km.net/e/treadsim/
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,398 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I would use half of that! This calculator gives me over 340 kcal for the slow 5k I did yesterday. That seems grossly overestimated.