returning after falling off.

Options
i had been a religious alternate day faster until i completely fell off and relapsed into binge eating. i am desperate to get back into this life style, i had a 150 lb weight loss, and i fear i am steadily gaining it all back. i really need a friend or support or anything really, i am fasting until tomorrow at 4 pm, it's such a struggle to stay on with this once you've fallen off, i've tried and failed many times with this, i am hoping i can ease back in.

Replies

• batlott
    batlott Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    I am trying it too. I had weight gain over the holidays. Good luck.
  • andreada98507
    andreada98507 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, Sammie, it seems to me you're still way ahead of the game at this point. 150 pounds is an impressive accomplishment!

I, too, am struggling to get back on the diet (I'm actually doing a 3:4, since it conforms to my schedule a little better). I lost 25 pounds a couple of years ago, but have gained some of it back. Winter seems an especially hard time to diet; I think cold weather probably sends a sign to the body, "Hold on to that fat - you may not have food later on."

Two of the things I'm considering to get back on track are: 1) going back to the very beginning and spending a couple of weeks getting most of my nutrition from protein shakes, just to jump start the new phase; and, 2) going bact to religiously recording every single thing that goes into my mouth. I'm thinking the tracker here may help with that. :fingerscrossed: The thing that helped about recording everything when I first started the diet is that it gave me a sense of control.

Also, it's not really clear from what you wrote, but I hope you aren't completely fasting for long periods of time - it' seems to me that would make backsliding more likely. I eat 500 to 600 calories on my down days - ideally one meal in the morning and another at night, with at least 8 hours in between. That seems to work for me. I think what makes this diet work is that I don't really feel deprived, since if I start feeling really hungry on a fast day, I can always say to myself, "I can do this just for today."

Anyway, as a smoker who quit multiple times before finally stopping for good a few years ago, I can say it's always possible to accomplish what you want, even if you've failed before.