Help! I need a "goal partner" lol!

Options
stall1961
stall1961 Posts: 5 Member
I am at the point in my weight loss journey where I need a friend to follow me when I log in my food intake on my fitness pal. I need someone who had gastric sleeve and is very driven and committed to tracking their intake everyday. I am looking for someone who is similar to me in size so we are basically following the same intake of calories, ect.... I am female, 5' 1" and my goal weight is about 130 pounds. I am about 13-14 pounds away from my goal. I also need someone to help me be motivated to go to the gym. If there is anyone out there who can dedicate at least a few months to helping me reach my goals I would appreciate it.

Replies

• TryingTeresa
    TryingTeresa Posts: 54 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I had surgery May 2014. I'm about 30-40 lbs from goal. I'm taller 5'7 eating 1300-1500 calories per day. Want to partner up? I really plan on logging in daily, tracking food & exercise. I'll try to help keep you motivated & held accountable. It's a beautiful (but cold) day here, so we are off for a family walk. Friend me if you are interested.
  • stall1961
    Options
    I friended you! Thank you!
  • anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Just remember, you are the only person who can hold yourself accountable. It's a lesson that took me way too long to learn. and then forget. and now I'm relearning.
  • stall1961
    Options
    Thank you. I realize that.
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Hi Stall1961 - I am 5'1" too I hit my surgeons goal 13lbs ago @190 my heaviest weight was 387, my start weight with him was 272 my surgery weight was 249. I am not sure where I am going to end yet, I originally thought it was going to be 175 but now that I am here I don't think this is it...my body will tell me what is right I feel, my losing has slowed but I am still losing around 5lbs a month. I am nine months post surgery. I am a faithful logger - everyday every meal, I am currently at 1100 to 1200 calories and would like to increase to 1500 - 1800 by the time I enter maintenance, I think that is a healthy amount of food that will sustain me for life (currently I can't eat that much - but over time I know this will change and I don't want to live a life of starvation - healthy eating and a healthy relationship with food and exercise is what I did this for). Please feel free to friend me, I am a great cheerleader ;)
  • joysie1970
    joysie1970 Posts: 415 Member
    Options
    Ohhh and my goal for this year is to log 2016 miles and to run the last 16 miles, I have never ran a day in my life....well not since I was kid anyway! Bring it on!
  • cmchandler74
    cmchandler74 Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    I am 5'1" and I also have set my personal goal at 130 (my surgeon never really set a goal so I went with that). I'm currently around 148 and am 10 1/2 months out from surgery (I was sleeved 2/17/15). Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like.