Keep or delete?

Options
2»

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,421 Member
    Options
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Depends on who they are. If I haven't had much interaction with them and they disappear then I will delete them after awhile. If I had a lot of interaction and like(d) them then I keep in case they come back.
    Me too!
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    carlsoda wrote: »
    deksgrl wrote: »
    Depends on who they are. If I haven't had much interaction with them and they disappear then I will delete them after awhile. If I had a lot of interaction and like(d) them then I keep in case they come back.
    Me too!

Same here.
    I do the same with FB friends once a year or so.
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    nicintime wrote: »
    I delete any inactives or closed diaries. A month or so maybe? Unless I know them personally. I'm happy to refriend someone if they come back. Just keeping the list clean.

I've also considered but not acted on trimming my list when all they post about is bread, high carbage, and cheating. Again, I ask myself, why? I'm happy to encourage and have needed it myself, but I'm not savior or daddy, so....

But... it's also pretty simple to just ignore so I'm not crazy about it

FWIW my diary has a key but that's only because at this point, I feel comfortable sharing it with fellow low carbers but not with some of my other friends who might get judgy about it. The key is caramel; I'm fine with sharing it within this group. ;)
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I troll the community and rarely post, but log daily for my own benefit, no one else's. I don't check my friends diary (don't have time) unless they ask. As for my friends list, if they don't log in that's their prob, it doesn't affect me in any way & I wouldn't normally notice their inactivity. If they come back later, fine, if they stay away, fine. The important part for my journey & WOE is that I'm here everyday keeping myself accountable no matter who else is not here. The important ones are you all who are still here, not the ones who arnt.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I wouldn't. Maybe they'll be back; maybe they won't. Either way, it doesn't affect me.
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    I have no reason to randomly scroll through my list of friends, so would not even notice/think of deleting them if they hadn't been active... I have, however, deleted cyber-friends whose posts within my newsfeed/home page were offensive or regularly de-motivating. I'm a strong believer of each to their own, but I am not going to spend my time here defending my food choices or health beliefs!

Yes, the only people I've deleted are those with racist jokes or are marketing something. There's not much required of friendship on MFP, so I don't bother deleting otherwise. I have been bad at logging recently so maybe people will be deleting me soon!

• HedgeHaug
    HedgeHaug Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Once, when I had fallen out of touch on MFP, one MFP friend, whom I did not know well, messaged me and asked how I was doing, said I was missed. It made all of the difference and I am back.

Now, when I see that a MFP friend has fallen off of the grid, I send them a message that they are missed. I made a commitment to support you guys when I asked or agreed for the friendship. But, I also do not have a list of friends that could be potentially unmanageable.