Official 1st Weigh in & Challenge!

Options

Replies

• HiyaItsMariah
    HiyaItsMariah Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Starting weight : 230lbs
    For me my motivation is to decrease the risk of getting diabetes. I also want to be healthier all together.
  • Mjg2016
    Mjg2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 215 lbs.
    I just got started 3 days ago on MY Fitness Pal so I'm a new member.
    I have 90 lbs. to lose.
    My motivation is I am sick and tired of being fat.
    I hate what I see when I look when I look in the mirror.
    I want to join this thread for support!
  • sarahkova
    sarahkova Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I am at sw of 357. My goals are to shed some lbs okay a lot of lbs. My motivations are I want to be able to walk a flight of stairs without being winded. I want to be able to take my kids places and not make them wait for me to catch up to them. 100 lbs will help immensely...and will give me a grateful start to this journey.
  • msalewske0001
    msalewske0001 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Starting weight 225 lbs. I lost 2 lbs last week and this is my goal for next weel
  • ICameToGetDown
    ICameToGetDown Posts: 958 Member
    Options
    SW 251.4 down 0.7 this week to 250.7

My motivation: many things! Set a better example for my daughter; for me to feel better physically and mentally.
  • resilientmom
    resilientmom Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 375. Current weight 372.8.
    My motivation is my son and myself! I'm carrying much too weight for my 6'1 frame. Would totally be acceptable if I was in the nfl...or male! Lol but I'm neither! I need to be comfortable again and ride every ride with my kiddo! Damn it!
  • TheDaintyArrow
    TheDaintyArrow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Starting weight : 254.2 gained a few pounds this week.

My motivation is to never allow myself to feel belittled or like I don't belong in a mall, eatery, or at a social gathering. I never want to have to feel tears in the dressing room bc nothing fits or they don't make my size. I never want to feel tired for the most basic things. I want to run and play with my toddler. I want to love being intimate with H bc I feel good about myself! I want to honor the body God has given me. I want to stop punishing myself with overeating... My motivation is me!
  • NCGatorJen
    NCGatorJen Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Starting weight: 375. Current weight 372.8.
    My motivation is my son and myself! I'm carrying much too weight for my 6'1 frame. Would totally be acceptable if I was in the nfl...or male! Lol but I'm neither! I need to be comfortable again and ride every ride with my kiddo! Damn it!

I hear ya! I was listening to a commentator talking about a football player the other day and his weight and I thought, "ugh, that's my weight."
  • emf2az
    emf2az Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    too much to say! but down 2 from last week!
  • purplemnm72
    purplemnm72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Starting weight January 1st. 358lbs. Down 35lbs from September 18th 2015. 100 lbs in 2016 would be the best thing!
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    SW 316lb. 1st Jan 16
    Started MFP 6 months ago now down 66lb. (Cannot believe it's my results & not someone else's.)

Motivation - to be able to just walk so I could travel & see the world with my family.
  • pixtotts
    pixtotts Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    I'm a little late joining hope you don't mind
    SW - 238lbs
    Motivation - I want to feel comfortable, I want to not feel uncomfortable buying clothes when I'm with my boyfriend. I'm hoping it may help my confidence too, I'm self employed and do craft fairs so it wouldn't go a miss.
    I've never actually been thin, so I don't have anything I used to be able to do that I can't do now, or clothes to fit back into or anything like that. I just want to be healthier.
    x
  • purplemnm72
    purplemnm72 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself today. Down 5.8 lbs.
  • p1xyn1xy
    p1xyn1xy Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    SW 278... I started January 1st.
    This not a New Year's Resolution. This is my second time starting here. I lost 80lbs and then had some medical issues that took away any ability to exercise. Which got me depressed... which had me eating. sigh!!! I've had surgery a couple months ago and I'm hoping any day now to get the thumbs up to get back at it. So the first thing to do is log... daily and accurately. No lying... what's the point. Who would I be fooling? I'm not making a bunch of changes only a couple at a time. Next week... I'll start to tweak my diet. My motivation... the same as last time!!! I want to play with my kids. My kids love to ski and so do I. I can't yet. But if I get my act together, maybe I'll take on a trip to Jasper or Banff. :smiley:

Anyways hi! I like company.
  • angel388
    angel388 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    1st Jan 2016 - SW 300.8

To be the best "ME"
  • lynder64
    lynder64 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Weigh myself today. Down 5.8 lbs.

*woo hoo* awesome!!!
  • lynzi2016
    lynzi2016 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    As of 1/8/16 I was down 2.9 pounds. I'm at 265.3.
  • tjames30
    tjames30 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    My beginning weight for the year, as of 1/4/16 is 267lbs.

To be a better and more active mom and to get my wedding ring back on!
  • dwood1231
    dwood1231 Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    Started year at just over 280, 278 today. baby steeps but going the right direction...
  • Mjg2016
    Mjg2016 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    A nice cup of hot tea with a little squeeze of fresh lemon is good for me vs. a late night snack. Zero calories!
    :) Try it!