Back on the keto train

Options
mortsmuse
mortsmuse Posts: 7 Member
Hi everyone. Thank you for accepting me into the group.

I first began keto around mid-November 2014. It was wonderful! I lost roughly 26 pounds in the first 2 months and I felt great. Then, in February 2015, my husband passed away suddenly. I abandoned keto for any sustenance I could keep down. Soon I was on a eat whatever the heck I wanted diet because screw it, and the weight continued to fall off. (Grief diet - effective, but I don't recommend it)

About a month ago I noticed my clothes getting tight again thanks to my junk-heavy diet and resolved to get back on the keto train in the new year, so here I am. I started yesterday. Hoping for the same results I had last time, and looking forward to feeling better too. (Feeling sluggish from the junk I've been eating is getting pretty old on top of everything else I'm dealing with)

Thanks again for having me in the group. I look forward to participating. :smile:

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome. This is a great group!

I'm sorry about your husband. *hug*
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss!

Welcome! Best to your wagon restart and feeling better!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I am a Newbie, myself, Welcome to the group. They are very helpful.
  • Lone_wolf46
    Lone_wolf46 Posts: 2,709 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the keto train and am looking for advice and info so I can be successful too! Welcome Mortsmuse.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm so sorry for your loss!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the group.

I am sorry for your loss. This is a great group and all very helpful and supportive. I have tried LCHF before but it never lasted long usually around 6 weeks last failed attempt was Aug 2014. Started again Nov 2015 and joined this group in December I think. I have had some bumps throughout the holidays, but manage to get right back on track. I think having a support system with this WOE is very important and helps me keep going.