Lunch ideas.

Options
Napier_mum
Napier_mum Posts: 88 Member
Hey there,

I am fairly new to this WOE, loving it so far as seem to have stopped my obsessive sugar cravings (a minor miracle!)
Just after some advice re lunches. I have breakfast and dinner fairly sorted but struggling for lunch stuff as I don't eat egg. I really wish I did!
Are there any websites that have some great recipes?
I generally just try to have some leftovers from dinner ready for the next day but not always possible.

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    I usually have the same most days at work, some cucumber, small tomato, 2 sting cheese wrapped in natural lunch meat. It makes it simple :) to mix things up I will sometimes have canned sockeye salmon and no carb mayo (yummy with celery!)
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    When I started out it was salad with a protein. I also do tuna salad, ham and cheese roll ups, leftovers from night before. Corned beef with some mustard and mayo on top, hamburgers with guac on top. Bacon cheeseburger salad are my fav. Just fry some burgers crumble, place on top bed of lettuce, few slices of small cherry tomatoes, sliver of onion, diced dill pickle, top with cheese, bacon crumbles and use mustard and mayo for dressing. I lived off of these things a few weeks ago.

Also on launch pad sticky there are links for recipe sites. I like ruled.me and ibreatheimhungry.com
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    I am really lazy. Low carb frozen veggies with melted cheese on top. I have a microwave available. Otherwise leftovers or canned fish with salad.
  • Couchpotato39
    Couchpotato39 Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    So many choices! I just made chicken salad with green onions, mayo and pecans. I like to make a big batch of beanless chili or beef stew in big batches then save in individual portion containers. Cook chicken breast, shreds and can use in salads-taco, Caesar or add to stews and soups. I always make extra portions when I cook dinner to take for lunch-pork chops and creamed spinach, Brussel sprouts with bacon and hamburger steak, cook hamburger meat then use in stuffed peppers with cheese and tomatoes or in spaghetti sauce over zoodles. There are tons of low carb recipes out there. Check Pinterest, low carb friends and peace love and low carb for starters. Good luck!
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Turkey slices with cheddar and a bit of mustard is an easy lunch.
  • Napier_mum
    Napier_mum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Awesome thanks so much everyone!
  • deksgrl
    deksgrl Posts: 7,237 Member
    Options
    Weekdays I get a big salad with grilled chicken. Or if for some reason I can't get away from my office, I have a protein shake and some nuts. On weekends I usually have a late breakfast so don't have a real "lunch" meal.
  • Smoked33
    Smoked33 Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Meatballs nuked with calorie wise bbq sauce...the whole office wants them they smell so good :) Also a choc. cookie dough quest bar when I'm lazy with 1/3rd cup dry roasted peanuts :) My tastes are very plain and repetitive though.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Some good ideas here. I had been doing a lot of green salads with chicken, but am tired of that. On a chicken salad kick. Just a can of shredded chicken, some mayo, dill relish, and a bit of seasoning and I'm good to go. I also usually take Heavy Whipping Cream for my tea as well as some cheese, pickles, or almonds as a snack.
  • BalmyD
    BalmyD Posts: 237 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I keep cans of tuna on hand (I like solid light fillet) and green giant veggie packs with cheese sauce in the freezer. (The zesty broccoli with cheese one or the mixed vegetable with cheese one works well). Then if I've got no other plan, at least I can grab a can of tuna and a veggie pack. I heat the veggie pack and then mix in the tuna. It tastes pretty good and is filling.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    For a quick, hot lunch, wrap cheese with salami and microwave until melted and warm!
    Stack sandwich meat, and cheese, layering with mayo and mustard, and eat with a fork.
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    My fave lazy lunch when I can get to a microwave is taco meat, salsa, cheese, and sour cream. I'm eating it right now. Tuna packets and string cheese are my go-to cold lunch choices.
  • snowbaby36
    snowbaby36 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I have done a salad topped with bacon or chicken and cheese. Or a pickle wrapped in a piece of ham and slice of cheese (usually two of these) or tuna, mayo and pickles.
  • MerryOne00
    MerryOne00 Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I like the deli meat/cheese roll ups. They are easy to take to the office and don't require much prep. I stick to Boars Head to avoid the fillers and yucky stuff. I'm curious though...I bought BH no salt added turkey and it's very bland. (It needs salt..haha). Does anyone have suggestions to perk this up?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    MerryOne00 wrote: »
    I like the deli meat/cheese roll ups. They are easy to take to the office and don't require much prep. I stick to Boars Head to avoid the fillers and yucky stuff. I'm curious though...I bought BH no salt added turkey and it's very bland. (It needs salt..haha). Does anyone have suggestions to perk this up?

I salt all my lunch meat lol, that or hot sauce
  • CMYKRGB
    CMYKRGB Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Dip the lunch meat in mustard.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Pepper jack cheese kicks it up a bit. Mustard would also work like @CMYKRGB said.
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    I simply stopped eating lunch altogether. I eat a very large breakfast (I do like eggs so that helps) and then have some almonds around 3pm. Today I didn't eat anything until about 5pm.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    MerryOne00 wrote: »

Roll it with Swiss and avocado mayo and a leaf of lettuce. Mmmmm
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Tin of tuna, a bag of chia seeds with cinnamon and nuts are each great to have in the handbag for emergency. My work canteen adds sauces to meats so on those days I use my tuna and add to green leafy salad.

Yesterday's workshop lunch provided was deli meat sandwiches so I threw the gorgeous looking bread and ate the meat. Then had my 10 almonds and 10 cashews ( love nuts so ensure I do not bring a bag full). Then poured the chia seeds into a paper cup, added boiling water, stirred and had warm pudding. Thankfully the stirrer had a slightly bigger end so i used that like a spoon. Meant no one noticed I was not eating like everyone else and I was full.