Saying, "Hello"

Options
KarlaYP
KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
I had conversion to RNY (this day of surgery weight was 231 lb), from sleeve, almost a year ago, due to bile reflux! I never got to goal with the sleeve (had actually regained about 60 pounds of the 110 I had lost, while looking for comfort foods). The surgeon told me not to expect any weight loss since my pouch is larger than the average and I am able to eat almost regular size meals. I did want to lose weight though! So in my research for health I found a way of eating that's given me better health than the results of the sleeve ever did! I've managed to bypass my lowest sleeve weight of 208, managing to get myself down to 186 at this point! With my way of eating I have complete control over food! I've heard people say that they use food for fuel, and I can understand that now! Plus, true hunger is rare!

I've done it without working out too! I'm unable to do anything more than walking due to the pain it can create for me (surgeon doesn't like this, but I know my body)!

I've been active here on mfp this past year, just not very much here in the WLS group since I didn't feel I had much to offer, and since I don't subscribe to my surgeons eating plan. I didn't want to lead anyone away from their surgeons plan!

I do feel that I have some knowledge to share though, since I went through both surgeries, and now consider myself a success at my relationship with food!

I'm open to friends who will not judge the way I eat, and I will not judge yours! We all have to find what works for us! I posted a before and after picture in the thread for that, so I'm not going to do so here. And, my surgeon is amazed at my progress!

Oh, another thing, after sleeve I lost almost 4 inches off my waist at my lowest weight, after a year of eating on my plan I have lost 12 inches off my waist! I'm sticking with my plan, for life!
So, Hello, once again!
Hugs!

Replies

• anbrdr
    anbrdr Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Sent you a FR. Thanks for sharing your story!
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Sounds like you found what works for you! I think we all need to find our own path. Some may need a more strict and rigid program while others can work it just as well on their own. Some think I'm nuts because I don't feel I want to get to my doctors set goal weight. I was there at one time and I didn't feel good. I felt much better 15lbs heavier so I have my own goal in my mind. No judgement from me!
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Your story shows that we all have to make our own way on this journey and that we are each our own best health advocate! Congrats on your success!