Another MFP Newbie

Options
lowjax75
lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
Hi Everyone. I'm taking the plunge and jumping into the forum here.

I've been LCing off and on for about the last 10 years. Been a lot of hit and miss, but mostly miss. I've been back on track since July of 2014 and am down just over 35 pounds. It's slow going, but I'm making progress.

In the past I've tried a lot of LC tweaks and methods (Fat Fast, IFing, Carnivore/ZC, carb cycling, etc) and find that just going slow and eating on plan works well for me. I've jumped back into IFing for a few weeks to jump start me again after a few meals off plan during the Christmas/New Years break but I will go back to normal eating after a trip to Europe in a couple weeks.

This is the longest stretch of eating on plan that I have had so far and I think tracking in MFP is helping that. I hope to get to a know a few people here on MFP and stay engaged. My goal is to track everything for a full year and then take inventory and go from there.

That's about it for now. Thanks for taking time to read and I hope you have a great day!

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome @lowjax75! You will find the support you seem right here! The information available here can't be bought! Congratulations on your success already!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Thanks for the welcome, @Karlottap !
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I am relatively new as well. This is a great group!
  • ketold727
    ketold727 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    welcome to this awesome forum.
    I am about 2 weeks into the logging thing but long time keto.
    started fasting today.
  • reblazed
    reblazed Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    @lowjax Welcome. You certainly found the right place to get support and share information.
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Welcome. :)
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Thanks for the warm welcome Everyone!
  • ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an amazing group!
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is an amazing group!
  • ShootingStar72
    ShootingStar72 Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    Good plan to track for a year, I wish you the best of success and an amazing year! Welcome to the group!!!
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm liking this site quite a bit. Seems to be lively. Feel free to add me as a friend here if anyone wants to. I do have my Diary open if anyone wants to take a look.