Daily Workouts, Tips, & Checking In!

Options
MikePXstream
MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
This is where you will check in each day, see what the W.O.D. (Workout Of the Day) is, and check out tips I have found beneficial over the years!

Replies

• MikePXstream
    Options
    Happy New Year!!
    49grvfygwwrz.jpg

Welcome to the start of a new you! This is our Group's private Facebook page for the next 14 days. I am SO incredibly excited for what the next 2 weeks has to offer you!
    Each day, I will post the workout of the day (WOD), Fitness tips, Success Stories, Inspirational Thoughts/Quotes, Recipes, and more.
    But this Facebook group IS NOT just for me!! This group is for all of you! So get ready to ask questions, get answers, and connect with each other.

Let’s start by introducing ourselves!

Here's a list of 6 SIMPLE QUESTIONS. Copy and paste in the comment section with your answers!

1. Name
    2. Where you live?
    3. Do you struggle more with nutrition, fitness or both?
    4. What exercise plans have you tried in the past?
    5. What do you usually have for Breakfast to start your day?
    6. What types of exercise do you Just...Not...Like?
    Let’s Do This Together!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    9a7tjh6x47td.jpg

It's time to clean house! Ok, well not really. But there is a little bit of preparation that needs to take place before we get started.

First, make sure you have an area in your house, apartment, etc. you like to workout free and clear of cats, dogs, children, or anything else that you might accidentally kick, trip over, or break. Also, make sure you have enough room to move around. If you are exercising on a hard floored surface, you may want some form of yoga mat for some of the exercises.

Second, make sure you have a decent pair of shoes. Cross trainers are preferable, but if you do not have any, no need to run out and buy some. Work with what you have. Or, go barefoot. I have done plenty of exercises like these barefoot with no problems.

Third, equipment. Guess what, you need very little. A towel, bottle of water, maybe a yoga mat. Aside from those things, the only other equipment we will be using is YOUR OWN BODY WEIGHT!

Finally, clean out the kitchen a little bit. WHAT? That's Right! Yes this is a fitness challenge, but nutrition is an important part for fueling your body to perform at its best and help you achieve your goals. No need to keep temptation sitting around!

So what needs to go? Or at least be reduced considerably?
    Candy, Sodas, Twinkies, the Doritos hiding in the back of the cupboard, those Hot pockets in the freezer, and of course alcohol. Get the hint. If the food won’t help you reach your goals—toss it!
    Replace those items with fresh fruits and vegetables, lean proteins, healthy fats like avocados or coconut oil, juice, and water.

It's only for 14 days. You can do it!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    p7hd2433xaqb.jpg

How does all of this work?

Starting TOMORROW, I will post the exercise set for the day. Each day will have 3 different exercises for you to do, for a set amount of reps. That's it! Then you are done for the day. Too Easy right? If you feel strong, you are more than welcome to do another set or two.

On the flip side of that, there might be some exercises that are too much for you right now. Do not fear! There are modifications for all of the exercises.

Once you have completed your set or sets for the day, post in the group that you completed it and how you did. Did you nail it, or did you struggle? If you struggled, which part did you struggle on?

Also, feel free to share what your nutrition was for the day. The more accountable you are, the better your results will be. Also remember, the more you share and engage with everyone , the more enjoyable this journey will be.

If you have a suggestion for another participant? SHARE IT! We can ALL learn from each other.

IT MAY FEEL FRUSTRATING AT FIRST!
    That's okay.
    THIS IS SUPPOSED TO FEEL CHALLENGING!!

If you have a special situation of which I need to be aware, please send me a message! I am here to help you and want to see you succeed.

If I am not pushing you hard enough and you want to dig deeper, let me know. There are plenty of other ways to increase the intensity and make you work harder.

Most importantly HAVE FUN!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Fitness and nutrition group instructions:

Again, welcome to our team. I'm glad you've given me the opportunity to show you how valuable support is. This post will be at the top of the page so you can get a quick rundown of the exercises if you are unfamiliar.

The videos are posted below.

Throughout this challenge you will see a workout of the day added in the morning, possibly the night before. Some of the moves you may be familiar with, and some not.

***Be sure and do your workout sometime during that day, and post below the WOD daily post, letting us know how your exercise and nutrition went that day.***

Be sure and post them too. The more you post, the more this will work for you.

Some people will find this a little too easy from the start. Don't worry, they will get harder with time. If you're currently doing an exercise program, add these exercises to your daily routine. If not, these are a great place to start.

Don't feel you have to do all the lunges/squats/whatever at once. Take breaks when you're tired. Each exercise has only 1 set, except the plank which you will be doing twice after a short break.

Also you'll notice there isn't much cardio here. Try and get at least 20 minutes of walking or jogging in, do whatever you can to keep yourself moving.

And without further ado, here are the video presentations on proper form:

Squats https://youtu.be/6Z3bVYEzB_M

Low-Plank - https://youtu.be/sj1K1qfeiM8

Push-Ups - https://youtu.be/FaIpD_zfrJI

Lunges (Each Leg) - https://youtu.be/Z2n58m2i4jg

Mountain Climbers - https://youtu.be/DyeZM-_VnRc

Tricep Dips https://youtu.be/0326dy_-CzM

• MikePXstream
    Options
    ku3xjvd69v3u.jpg

Let's talk quickly about the purpose of this group.

If all you do is learn and implement ONE thing that we talk about, we are headed in the right direction. Some people will make an entire 180 degree change over night, and drop all the negative influences on their journey.

That's great, but it's not something that's possible for everyone. Just ease into these changes, pick a few that you will be able to implement over the next 14 days, and stick with it.

With that being said, I know there are a ton of meal plans out there.

One reason why I don't focus on one specific type is because they don't work for everyone.

For this group, just focus on a good balance of your macronutrients (carbs, proteins and fats), minimize processed foods, and drink lots of water.

• MikePXstream
    Options
    qrkk0gnxgpaq.jpg
    Did you know that the calories quoted on a package are actually an estimate? It can be off base by as much as 25%!!

This is only one of many reasons why counting calories is not the only tool when it comes to losing, gaining or maintaining your weight.

The solution? Move away from processed foods and toward whole foods. When your daily intake is primarily whole foods, your body will operate in the way it is supposed to and will actually regulate what you need.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    e7i71lixnt7i.jpg
    Here is your clean eating tip for today: Eat less CRAP:
    C - carbonated drinks
    R - refined sugar
    A - artificial sweeteners or colors
    P - processed foods

Eat more FOOD:
    F - fruits and veggies
    O - organic lean proteins
    O - omega-3 fatty acids
    D - drink water

What CRAP have you decided to stop eating (or cut back on) since beginning this challenge group?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    hli0p3gpsj0f.jpg

Forget everything you learned about just eating breakfast, lunch, and dinner.

That's because eating only 3 times per day ISN’T always the best way to fuel your body. Instead, try eating 5 times per day (3 meals and 2 snacks)—that way your blood sugar will remain stable instead of peaking and crashing.

REMEMBER: Everyone IS still an individual so try one way and then the other to see which works best for you!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    qowk4omcratw.jpg

Calorie tracking.

I'm a big fan of this. Often times just knowing what you're eating during the day by having it written down and on your phone is all you need to change up your style.

On here, we all use myfitnesspal. Or should be. It's both a great website and app for your phone. I guarantee if you are having problems with losing weight, this will be the game changer for you.

As long as you track everything that you eat or drink, you will be surprised at the end results.

What is your calorie goal?

• MikePXstream
    Options
    zrah9sfiuph4.jpg

I get a lot of questions about when to eat before a workout...

Timing your pre-workout nutrition is very important because while you want to have enough fuel in your system to get a good workout, if you exercise immediately after eating, your body will be focused on digestion and you'll feel drained.

How much and when you eat IS personal-some people do like to workout on an empty stomach and others prefer a little something.

The most important thing so to NOT eat a HUGE meal right before you workout.

If you want something in your stomach, have a small snack.

If you have a big meal, wait about 2 hours until you work out to allow you body to properly digest your food.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    gfz3cdensnwc.jpg

It's Thirsty Thursday!!! So, let's talk water… You knew that was coming!

8 cups of water will:

Increase metabolism (cold water)
    Fill you up (hot water)
    Aid in weight loss
    Flush out toxins
    Give you healthier skin
    Help digestion and decrease constipation
    Relieve fatigue
    Reduce risks of certain cancers
    Improve overall health…

ALL this for 0 calories.

Drink half your body weight in ounces. For example, if you're 140 you should drink at least 70 ounces a day… more if you exercise which you are.

Who got their daily amount in today? Take a pic of your water for today and share it or it didn't happen.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    bz0me4oama9e.jpg

I have had requests in past groups for tips on how to liven up water, because it can be so boring. Especially for those of you who are not used to drinking so much. Fruit is the key.

Check out the website below for some GREAT recipes for FRUIT INFUSED WATER! It is a GREAT healthy way to add some flavor to your water and make sure you get in your daily requirement. Remember to drink 1/2 your body weight in ounces of water!!

http://fruitinfusedwaters.com/
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    5o4o9hv9nnxg.jpg

Good morning. Sorry fo the late post. I was to tired to post the WOD last night and had some snow removal I had to get done first thing this morning.

Lets talk about preparation. Food preparation. No one likes spending hours in the kitchen preparing their food for the day. Especially in our fast paced lives, we just don't have time for that.

But preparing your food in advance will not only save you time, but you won't have excuses to eat fast food.

I will usually prepare my food on my Sunday. I portion it out into containers and place it into the refrigerator so I don't have to prepare it every day.

When I make dinner for the night, instead of making just enough to eat that night, I add in extra so I can take some to work the next day.

How many of you food prep already?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    4gizgt2agbok.png

Day 5!! It's Friday! This is usually when people quit or let their unhealthy habits take over. NOT YOU... NOT THIS TIME!

Keep pushing through the weekend and instead of having a Monday full of regret, you'll hit the ground running next week and actually make progress toward your goals!

Clean Recipe that is oh so good!! Give it a shot this weekend.

BANANA PANCAKES

1 Banana
    2 Eggs

1/4 c. Oats

1/4 c. Milk

3/4 Scoop Protein Powder

1 tsp Cinnamon

Put all ingredients in blender.

You can double this recipe & store in fridge for the next day!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    nzm6rbl7egmk.jpg

How often should you eat?

The best option is to have at least 5 meals, evenly spaced out throughout the day. If your body has a constant flow of good fuel, your blood sugar will remain stable and the chances of losing weight goes up exponentially.

Take your total calories numbers from the previous day, and divide by 5. Try and stay consistent with those numbers for your meals and snacks. Yes, your snacks can be slightly less, but you don't want 1000 calories to come from breakfast, and the rest be about 300 calories. The stretching of your stomach alone will keep you extremely hungry for the rest of the day.

If 5 is too many meals, stick with 3. That will work out as well, you just may be more hungry between meals.

But PLEASE DON'T SKIP A MEAL! Always have a back-up plan.

I always have something like my Shakeology in case of an emergency.

How many hours did you guys normally have in-between meals before you saw this post, and what meals do you skip frequently?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    jfjlh0pobgtz.png

YOU DID IT GUARDIANS!!!

Awesome job on completing the week!

I know there were some tough patches-BUT LOOK AT YOU!!! Standing here ready for NEXT WEEK!

SO tell THE WORLD.

What kept you going this week?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    bcmelrqtgjx3.jpg

Do you have a plan?

WELCOME TO YOUR FINAL WEEK!! Congratulations on making it this far! I can tell you that most people have NOT. I didn't want this challenge to be easy. I wanted it to allow you to see results and prepare you for your next fitness challenge, whatever that may be. For those who are interested in taking it to the next level, I'll be starting a PREMIERE challenge group next month. If you would like to know more, lets talk!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Let's talk about the momentum.

As you make these small changes in your nutrition, you're not going to immediately notice much weight loss.

But it's the small decisions, that you make day after day that add up into what's known as the compound effect.

That's where the magic will happen.

It only takes one bad decision to lose that momentum, and one bad decision turns into a bad day, then a week of bad decisions.

Just the opposite is true too. If you start off the day with a workout and healthy breakfast, it's so much easier to continue that throughout the day. The first time you say 'No' to that doughnut or candy, or lunch at the pizza place, it too gets easier from there.

6bb98rohwnt6.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options