Daily Workouts, Tips, & Checking In!

Options
2»

Replies

• MikePXstream
    MikePXstream Posts: 965 Member
    Options
    We've been talking about things that we should include in our diets, but we haven't really talked about things to remove.

Bottom line is stay away from unnatural stuff. There are so many healthy alternatives out there, why would you want to consume something that's man-made?

I know one thing I use as a replacement for artificial sweetener is either a small amount of honey, grade B maple syrup, agave nectar or Stevia.

7vnaxmm9da1z.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Alright, back to stuff you can eat. Did you know that frozen vegetables retain almost ALL of their nutrition value? I know when cooking for one, waste can be a BIG concern.

And if you are the ONLY one in your family that likes roasted asparagus, then you are cooking for one!

Having a supply of frozen vegetables on hand provides variety and allows you to enjoy foods that may be currently out of season.

nern7nieod73.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Well, looks like we only have 3 participants thus far. How are you liking the workouts? Any questions I can answer for you?
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Want some healthy ideas about snacks? I hope you have access to some healthy snacks while you're at work, because it's going to help you avoid gorging on a big lunch and dinner.

Here are some suggestions:

Green Apple and Almond Butter
    This was my favorite snack. Green apples are the lowest in sugar, and with the almond butter it makes it a well rounded snack.

Veggies and Hummus
    Any kind of veggies (Squash, Zucchini, Radishes, Peppers, Celery, Broccoli, Cauliflower etc) and an organic hummus dip. Just make sure you use only 1 serving of the hummus.

Berries and Greek Yogurt
    Plain Greek yogurt, 2% or Non-Fat with no additives. Add Grade 'B' Maple Syrup and fresh fruit.

Celery and Peanut Butter

Hard Boiled Egg and Whole Wheat Crackers
    Try to get 'Free Range Eggs,' and the only ingredient in the crackers should be 100% whole wheat. We found ours at Whole Foods.

Chia Seed Pudding
    Place 2/3 cup chia seeds into 2 cups of coconut water. Let it sit overnight in the fridge and enjoy in the morning. Adding cinnamon, stevia or maple syrup really brings it to life.

Millet and 1/2 Avocado
    Follow directions on your package (Very similar to rice). Add in 1/2 avocado for some healthy fats.

Quinoa and Salsa
    Follow directions on your package. Once done, add some fresh salsa!

Raw Nuts
    Any kind of nuts, as long as they are raw with no additives or salt.

Shakeology

If you're not sure what this is, ask me about it.

Not much to these suggestions, but they will do a great job of keeping you away from all those nasty snacks that most of us have resorted to in the past.

4tedjy2ac4cl.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Lack of time is a huge problem in our lives. There's one concept that's really helped me get more stuff in.

There's no such thing as making more time, it's all about using what time you DO have more efficiently.

Have you heard of a time multiplier?

It's when you spend time doing something that will in turn, free up more time later.

It's like paying your bills via mail, or setting up online bill pay. Yes, it may take 60 minutes to set it up bill pay the first time... but after that, you'll never have to spend the time buying stamps, writing the checks etc.

This is how I get all the stuff done I have on my plate. I multiply my time.

Instead of cooking food every day for lunch at work, I make it all on Sunday. Same time, 5 X the meals.

What other types of things have YOU done to multiply your time?

Let's share some more ideas. We are good as individuals, but great as a team.

v7zjghwftlxg.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    It's TEMPTATION DAY!

Share with the group something you have recently been tempted by, but have not given into.

Those donuts in the break room? Ice cream after dinner? Of course, there are no forbidden foods, but its definitely tempting (and extremely easy) in our culture to over indulge.

Bonus points if you take a picture of something you are tempted by today, and show us your alternative option or share how you resisted the temptation.

jou2tik7o6oh.jpg
  • janetay01
    janetay01 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Liking the workouts! Missed yesterday though so have done yesterday's workout of the day today - well, all of the squats and the 40 second plank hold and 10 push-ups (boy, do I hate those things!). Today's WOD will be done whilst I wait for my lunch to cook. Love the list of snacks - I'm currently looking for healthier snacks, both for me and my little boy (he's only 1 and I want to start him on the right road with healthy eating). Temptation? the doughnuts that a colleague provided in the office yesterday that I managed to avoid - felt good!
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    janetay01 wrote: »
    Liking the workouts! Missed yesterday though so have done yesterday's workout of the day today - well, all of the squats and the 40 second plank hold and 10 push-ups (boy, do I hate those things!). Today's WOD will be done whilst I wait for my lunch to cook. Love the list of snacks - I'm currently looking for healthier snacks, both for me and my little boy (he's only 1 and I want to start him on the right road with healthy eating). Temptation? the doughnuts that a colleague provided in the office yesterday that I managed to avoid - felt good!

I'm a sucker for a good doughnut too. I'm glad they don't show up often around here.
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    What if you never knew?

What if there was something that would forever change your life.... Your families livelihood.... Your health... Your financial future... EVERYTHING.

Would you try it?

Sad to say, most wouldn't.

Change is scary and H A R D.

Wouldn't it be worth it though?

After I gave in and started trying new things, everything changed for the better. Why not you?

Try something new today, you NEVER know what it could do to change your life.

spd801trd9md.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    By now, you've probably heard me talk about Shakeology. You’re probably wondering what in the world it does. I can only tell you that it’s been a total game changer for my family and current fitness team. Let me tell you what it’s not…. It’s not a protein shake, it doesn’t have anything artificial, and it’s not a starvation shake diet. Want to know more about what it IS? Check this out.
    http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/p/shakeology.html

lpc45pls6f9b.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Getting started is easy. It's staying the course that's hard. Knowing that it will be hard is a huge benefit in your favor.

Make the decision, stay true to the course no matter if you see results immediately or not... You're worth it.

How about doing this alone... is that possible? Oh yeah, it's possible.... but so is winning at one of those coin tosses at the carnival.

That's why we have our team, a group of Guardians who know what it's like in our crazy family lives. Join our team, it's completely FREE and who knows, you may forever change your life like many others have already done.

http://www.peralesfamilyfitness.com/

ulzmve6gc99x.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Day 13 already. On to a recipe:

This is by far one of my favorite kind of healthy dressing. Stop getting your dressing at the store and make it. Not only is it healthier, but it tastes so much better.

Greek Salad Dressing

1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil

1/4 cup red wine vinegar

1 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar

1/4 cup fresh lemon juice

2 tsp. dried oregano

1 clove garlic, crushed

1 tsp. Dijon mustard

1/2 tsp. Himalayan salt (pink salt)

1 tsp. herbal seasoning blend

2 Tbsp. chopped fresh parsley

Blend all ingredients in blender until smooth. Makes 12 oz. Enjoy. You can also use it as a marinade for chicken.

795w8m8t24xv.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Where do you go from here? What's your plan for what happens on Monday?

I had a couple of people join my premier accountability group after the last challenge and they are loving it! That could be you too!

Don't just limp out of here on Monday and head back to the couch and the junk food. You have momentum now! Ask me about what you can do next, and will help you.

My next premier group starts next month. If you don't feel you are quite ready for that, then ask me about other alternatives.

Most importantly, have a plan. Send me a message, and lets do this together.

9xw4fzz9j3eu.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Rise Above. No Excuses.

Remember, excuses are just well thought out lies.

You’ve had a long day at work.
    Your legs are sore from yesterday’s workout.
    It’s raining outside.
    It’s cold outside.
    It’s hot outside.
    You don’t have time.
    Your alarm didn’t go off.

These are all common excuses made by common people. You are NOT common. You are NOT a quitter. You are NOT the person you may have been in the past. You ARE an unwielding competitor. You WILL succeed. You WILL undeniably rise above it… NO EXCUSES!!!

Today is our final day, make every day count.

jwuhmgqm0z12.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Challenge of the day!

Fill in the blanks:
    Before we started this challenge I felt (1) ______________________.
    This week I am really proud of myself for (2) ________________________.
    I promise myself that this week I will (3) __________________.
    Next week I am going to (4) _______________________.

Finally…

What was your BIGGEST VICTORY this week?

i59e1z29q1zw.jpg
  • MikePXstream
    Options
    Thank you everyone for participating in this group.

If you’ve stuck with some of the changes we’ve implemented over the past 14 days, then you are well on your way to healing yourself through proper nutrition and exercise.

Don’t make this past week our final time together. If you haven’t participated, go back and start at day 1 and this time, mark the time on your calendar and stay committed!

If you have, it’s time to move on to the next level. The group for next month is starting to get full, but that doesn’t mean I can’t help you out with your goals.

Like this post or comment below if you’d like to talk about some additional options available ONLY to the Guradians of Perales Family Fitness.

Let me change gears though, and talk about the problems we face nowadays. The problem in our lives isn’t diabetes or high blood pressure, those are just the results.

The problem is the way we eat, the types of comfort foods we turn to, and the excuses we make to stay on that path. That’s why we need to continue. Take a look at this article.

It was a true pleasure having everyone in the group, and I look forward to working with everyone much more closely in our private support group starting soon.

http://bit.ly/1Kf0pXW

xz4sshwsav6k.jpg