Introducing myself: Eph from England

EphOrph
EphOrph Posts: 2 Member
Been vegetarian for a while but this year I'm really going to try and go vegan, along with cutting back on the wine. Hoping I can make it a permanent change, and also hoping to lower the blood pressure and lose a few inches round the middle in the process. I still have to cook regular meals for the family, so fingers crossed I won't be tempted by their butter and cream and the smell of their cheese-laden pizzas and hot milky cocoa! Good luck to all!

Replies

• Shelly5514
    Shelly5514 Posts: 1 Member
    Hi,
    Welcome! Nice to have someone along with me for this journey.
  • EphOrph
    EphOrph Posts: 2 Member
    OK another week, and I'm still on the challenge... hanging on in here and wishing I didn't have to cook separate meals for myself all the time. It's like having to socialize in a pub while, at the same time, trying to give up beer and cigarettes. Shelly, I'm glad to hear you're still here too, as the support I'm getting from my nearest and dearest ranges from minimal to non-existent.
  • barefootot
    barefootot Posts: 21 Member
    have previously eaten vegan and just returned to it about a week ago. I have rheumatoid arthritis and already have decreased joint inflammation. One of my sons eats vegan and my husband and other son do not. It is hard to cook more than one menu. Sometimes we have done a build your own taco night where my husband or youngest can add meat and my other son and I can eat ours with beans and other fillings. This also works for pizza night or spaghetti night where we have sauce and noodles, and the meat or meatless crumbles are separate and you make it how you want. Sometimes I cook soup and then have my husband add ham or pre-cooked fajita meat to his. It is hard when everyone else eats chips and things that I am trying to avoid. Hang in there! I like the cookbook appetite for reduction by Isa Chandra Moskowitz. She has a website names post punk kitchen and there are sometimes some good recipes on the forks over knives website.
  • Carla_wfpb
    Carla_wfpb Posts: 1,368 Member
    I used to eat vegan but haven't for over a year. Started back up this January and it looks like its going to stick this time around!
    I am keeping processed food out of my diet as much as possible and eating fresh fruits, veggies, beans, legumes, nuts and seeds.
    How is everyone doing with their eating this month? should we start a recipe post of our favorites? Sometimes, just having a few good recipes makes all the difference!
  • annoel
    annoel Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Everyone,
    I've been vegan since last July. It became ethical for me after watching Earthlings. No problems with staying vegan, but my food choices have run amuck. So I'm hoping with all your support to become a fit and healthy vegan. I Do love veggies. Just remembering to log my food, get in that exhilarating exercise!
    Yeah, I agree with Carla that we start some recipes. Also some motivational books, podcasts, etc ?