Not a New Years resolution...

Options
anna114400
anna114400 Posts: 15 Member
I fell off the low carb wagon between thanksgiving and New Years and I gained 8 of the 27lbs back. I started back up Saturday and I already feel tons better. But I've also decided to cut back the alcohol to just a drink or two on a Saturday night...and...this is the hardest...no more smoking. Got the patch and slapped it on yesterday. Only 1 yesterday and 1 today, which for me, a 20 year over half a pack a day smoker, is good progress. But man it's a lot all at once lol. My body is like what the heck are you doing woman!?
This is not something I'm doing for the new year, I just need to get healthy. Im overweight, I smoke and I drink. Not getting any younger here! Wish me luck!!

Replies

• lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Good Luck Anna! I have a friend at work doing about the same thing. It's rough, but she is getting through it. Stick to it! It will be worth it.
  • dasher602014
    dasher602014 Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    YEAH YOU, ANNA!
  • daylitemag
    daylitemag Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    Good luck! I know how hard it is to quit smoking. I applaud you just for trying.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    No better time than now! Best of luck to you!!
  • fatchimom
    fatchimom Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Good luck to you!! I know you can do this.
  • mominstands
    mominstands Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    anna114400 wrote: »
    I fell off the low carb wagon between thanksgiving and New Years and I gained 8 of the 27lbs back. I started back up Saturday and I already feel tons better. But I've also decided to cut back the alcohol to just a drink or two on a Saturday night...and...this is the hardest...no more smoking. Got the patch and slapped it on yesterday. Only 1 yesterday and 1 today, which for me, a 20 year over half a pack a day smoker, is good progress. But man it's a lot all at once lol. My body is like what the heck are you doing woman!?
    This is not something I'm doing for the new year, I just need to get healthy. Im overweight, I smoke and I drink. Not getting any younger here! Wish me luck!!

Anna are you my twin? This sounds exactly like me. I stopped smoking 01/04/2016, Went to the Dr. in late December, was told I'm on the verge being diabetic, therefore I'm on a weight loss journey.

In June I had stopped smoking, stopped drinking, lost weight and was feeling good. After July 4th I let the summer time blues get to me and picked it all back up.

I wish you luck!!!

• nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Go Anna! Congrats on making so many changes. Not many would have the courage to tackle so much. Impressive!
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    Good Luck! :)