C10K, W1, D2

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Good morning, Woggers!

It's sunny and COLD (12 degrees) here in the Ocean State (Rhode Island). For those of you who roll out of bed and go to the gym in the morning, or workout outside -- GOD BLESS YOU. You are all NUTS, but God bless you. I have a hard time rolling out of bed for food -- nevermind exercise!

Today's workout is the same as Day 1.

W1, D2

5-minute warm-up walk/stretch (IMPORTANT! ALWAYS WARM UP AND COOL DOWN)
  • Jog for 60 seconds
  • Walk for 90 seconds
  • Repeat for a total of 20 minutes (total of 8 times)
5-minute cool-down walk/stretch

For anyone who is new to Couch to 10K or Couch to 5k, this is an article you need to read. It's great. It's written by my MFP pal, Desweds. He went from unfit to fabulous! Check it out: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10272913/bite-me-c25k-what-i-wish-someone-had-told-me-when-i-started

Enjoy YOUR day!

Dee :)

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    Options
    Been sitting on my hands (bouncing up and down) trying NOT to start this thread. Being one day ahead Sucks! LOL

W1D2 is toast. Finished it yesterday on my new (used) treadmill.

Some things I noted:
    1) Safety key is real touchy. Had it shut down while still in warm up, I'm guessing just from the cord swinging. Restarted and finished workout without safety key attached. Have since worked on key and think its ready to try again (attached) tomorrow for W1D3.
    2) 2 mph walk is too slow. Changing warm up and cool down to 2.5 min each 2.5 mph and 3 mph ascending and descending respectively.
    3) Workout walk a 3 mph may be too slow. Thinking of bumping it up to 3.5 or maybe even 4. Have to find my logs from last time and see where I was. (Old memory ain't like it was. Heck, for that matter, never was good.)
    4) Probably should increase workout jog up to 5.5 mph... but that kinda scares me.

Currently 30 degrees F here in the mid-west US of A (feels like 22). Mostly cloudy. Wind is SE at 8 mph. (And another two hour delay at work. [sigh])
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I did minds this morning but I also realize that I am doing the c25k. I can't download the c10k. My phone has to be updated. So I will be back at it Friday morning peeps.
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    Forgot to mention, all my treadmill workouts are at 1% incline as a default.

Found my old notes and I was right, I use to start my warm ups at 2.5 mph and the walking portions of my workouts were at 4 mph.

Also forgot to mention:
    ankle and calves OK after W1D2 but quads were quivering as I dismounted the treadmill and by evening (yesterday) my legs were limp noodles.

Gotta love it as that means PROGRESS!
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    Finished W1 D2 This morning. I'm enjoying it so far. Also did my first PiYo exercise today. Think I'm going to enjoy that too.
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Been sitting on my hands (bouncing up and down) trying NOT to start this thread. Being one day ahead Sucks! LOL

W1D2 is toast. Finished it yesterday on my new (used) treadmill.

Some things I noted:
    1) Safety key is real touchy. Had it shut down while still in warm up, I'm guessing just from the cord swinging. Restarted and finished workout without safety key attached. Have since worked on key and think its ready to try again (attached) tomorrow for W1D3.
    2) 2 mph walk is too slow. Changing warm up and cool down to 2.5 min each 2.5 mph and 3 mph ascending and descending respectively.
    3) Workout walk a 3 mph may be too slow. Thinking of bumping it up to 3.5 or maybe even 4. Have to find my logs from last time and see where I was. (Old memory ain't like it was. Heck, for that matter, never was good.)
    4) Probably should increase workout jog up to 5.5 mph... but that kinda scares me.

Currently 30 degrees F here in the mid-west US of A (feels like 22). Mostly cloudy. Wind is SE at 8 mph. (And another two hour delay at work. [sigh])

"W1D2 is toast." LOVE IT!

Sit back a day and get in sync with the rest of us. Then you will not have to sit on your hands! :)
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    Forgot to mention, all my treadmill workouts are at 1% incline as a default.

Same here.
  • d_thomas02
    Options

Sit back a day and get in sync with the rest of us. Then you will not have to sit on your hands! :)

Just finished W1D3, so I'll think about sitting back an extra day. I've just always done Sunday, Tuesday and Thursday... but, I CAN change. (Breathe. Oooooohhhhhmmmm. )

FYI, mods on my treadmill worked great. Safety key stayed in, belted tracked perfect, phone stayed on shelf.

Life is GOOD!
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options

FYI, mods on my treadmill worked great. Safety key stayed in, belted tracked perfect, phone stayed on shelf.

/quote]

Wish I HAD room for a treadmill in my tiny house.
  • d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Wish I HAD room for a treadmill in my tiny house.

Me too. Had to put it in the basement/three car garage/workshop/do-jo (a space of many tasks). As long as I don't fall off the treadmill and go careening into a car fender or a tablesaw, it works OK. A bit chilly in winter.

4kllwufprugc.jpg