January 6th Weigh-In: How Did You Do?

Options
JMarcella57
JMarcella57 Posts: 1,902 Member
The numbers are going down again. But I really need to get on-track with building better exercise habits this year.

Replies

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    The scale is not my friend!!! I may never speak to it again!!!

I have been totally kicking butt in my workouts. My food has been good. My weight is going the wrong way, but visually I look like my love handles are shrinking. It's possible it might be all in my head, but I don't usually tend toward delusion. I won't have time for morning measurements until the weekend, but I hope to see some physical evidence of improvement at that time. I do know I'm retaining water, thanks to hormone shifts, so with any luck the scale will catch up in the next week!!!

I will just keep on keeping on and I refuse to let the number on the scale discourage me!!!
  • lalajka
    lalajka Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    This is so strange, @tcunbeliever the same thing is happening to me! According to my scale I've gained again! Now I weigh more than I did at the beginning of the challenge. It's crazy, because I've been so good with food and exercise, I feel a lot lighter and my stomack is visibly smaller. Still, the weight is going up? I guess it is not about the numbers, it's about how you feel, so in that respect, I'm doing amazing :). Don't give up, the numbers will change!

Happy, healthy and fit new year to you all!
  • Menix8
    Menix8 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    After being up a pound last week, I'm down for this weigh in. I've officially hit the "5 lbs lost" mark since this challenge started! This is pretty much the exact rate I was hoping I'd lose at.

I wasn't 100% on exercise this week, more like 75%, but hopefully I'll get back into the groove this week. Before this challenge I had forgotten how good cardio makes me feel! I had a great leg day on Monday, and have been pretty good about making meals that align with my goals. I can always up my protein intake though; that's something to focus on in the next seven days.

Happy 2016 everyone! <3
  • ladiva05
    ladiva05 Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    OMG Ladies, @Menix8 and @tcunbeliever I'm in the same dilemma. The scale is going up, but I feel so light, stomach so flat and not bloated.... But to set my mind with the scale, I don't see the physical changes, but I feel them in my clothes... WIERD!!! and frustrating. I know the scale sometime is not our friend and we should not rely on it.. But when you are putting the work in week after week, you expect to see the numbers going down. So I'm going to focus on how I feel, make sure my portions are accurate and my keep plugging along... Stay focused guys!!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    Menix8 wrote: »
    After being up a pound last week, I'm down for this weigh in. I've officially hit the "5 lbs lost" mark since this challenge started! This is pretty much the exact rate I was hoping I'd lose at. ...

That's wonderful! Way to go!
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I gained back 0.4. I've been sick though, so I think that's the reason. I'm hoping next week's weigh in will have me going in the right direction again.
  • Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I gained back 0.4. I've been sick though, so I think that's the reason. I'm hoping next week's weigh in will have me going in the right direction again.

• Fiftyshadesofweight
    Options
    I did not lose over Christmas but did better than usual. I think it helped being accountable to this group. Hoping to lose more steadily now that Xmas is over.
  • MaggieLoo79
    MaggieLoo79 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I did not lose over Christmas but did better than usual. I think it helped being accountable to this group. Hoping to lose more steadily now that Xmas is over.

Me too! I'm kind of glad the holidays are over!!!
  • JMarcella57
    Options
    The holidays are fun. But I must admit to enjoying things being a bit more back to normal. This year I'm working to create a new "running" habit. New habits can be difficult to create and I'm finding out that there is a lot to know about running. Who knew?
  • lesliewynn14
    lesliewynn14 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I'm down 1.2 pounds. I've lost 7.2 pounds so far with this challenge. I have 7.8 pounds left to go by Feb 14th.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Saturday I was able to confirm that I'm down 1/2 an inch in the waist despite the scale going up...I missed all my weekend workouts doing house destruction, but food was probably way under what I needed since I didn't really have time to stop and eat...back to the workouts this morning!!!