30DS Check in...

Options
4031isaiah
4031isaiah Posts: 1,253 Member
I just joined this group like 2 minutes ago and don't know where to look for activity or discussions about 30DS so I thought I'd start a thread to get things going. My plan is to start today. I shouldn't of have started on Monday but ... Better late than never, right?

How is everyone? Where are you in the program and what are your goals?

Christie.

Replies

• hnsr1021
    hnsr1021 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Starting level 1 day 1 today. No specific goal for the program as I will be happy with any progress but I do have a total weight loss goal of about 35-40lb. I wrote this on the other thread that I lost about 45lb in 2014 and got pregnant and gained about 27 of it back. Wanting to get back on track with losing weight and being healthy.

My plan is to use 5lb weights ( bc that's all I have ) and do 6 days a week, resting on Sundays. Here's my starting stats, I will update weekly:
    January 7th :
    Weight: 201.8
    Bust: 42"
    Waist: 35.5"
    Hips: 45"
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am sorry…I SHOULD have been in here on 1/4.

I am so excited to be on this journey with you. have anyone done 30DS before? I did 30DS in 2013 and lost 33 inches and about 20 lbs. This program works.

I have to do my measurements and will get those posted. I haven't started yet. I plan on picking up this weekend or Monday. Did any of you already get started?

My goal is to lose inches more so than lbs, the scale is NOT my friend!

Lets do this!
  • mrsghosh
    mrsghosh Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Done with day 3 level 1..I could handle 8 lbs better then the day 1. Not being very strict on food intake ..all home cooked veg meals but white rice is my weakness..not able to go off it 100%
  • wonderwoman1974
    wonderwoman1974 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am the same with rice. I just CANNOT make myself like brown rice so I still do white rice. I personally am not following a specific "diet" regime. I am logging my calories and being more mindful of my portions, which makes a huge difference. There is one sacrifice I made, I gave up my diet mountain dew…LOVE it so much! I am actually doing fine, don't miss it, thank goodness. Anyone have any good tips for snacks that keep you full, healthy breakfasts? Lunch is my struggle, I never think to stop and actually eat at work. You would think NO FOOD-No Calories-No Fat…well I am proof that is false! I need to figure out a way to fit in some sort of sustenance during the day.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    Day 4 - could not accommodate the workout but planning to do it tomm n Sunday too. I feel great with 3 day workouts but have to straighten up my diet....
  • kellysb72
    kellysb72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Big rice cakes with peanut butter are a good snack. You need to eat enough or you'll eat into your lean muscle.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    This first week back after the holidays has been busy so I'm just getting started today. Day 1, level 1
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I started 30 DS back in November 2015 and successfully completed it in December 2015. I immediately started a second round of the shred modifying to seven days in each level. Tomorrow is day seven of round three. After that, I m going to redo each level for three days each because I really want to be able to say that I completed a 60 day challenge. I have had awesome success with the 30 DS, and after I finish, I'm going to mesiately launch into JM Ripped in 30. The first time I did the shred, I used three lb weights and now I use a variety from five to eight lbs. I am 42, five foot four, and 173 lbs. I started this program at 203 lbs, I eat clean, I have protein powder green smoothies two to three times a day, I eat extra protein, and I try to stick to 1200 calories a day. I can say that it absolutely works. If I can do this, you can too, but you have to be committed.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    I started 30 DS back in November 2015 and successfully completed it in December 2015. I immediately started a second round of the shred modifying to seven days in each level. Tomorrow is day seven of round three. After that, I m going to redo each level for three days each because I really want to be able to say that I completed a 60 day challenge. I have had awesome success with the 30 DS, and after I finish, I'm going to mesiately launch into JM Ripped in 30. The first time I did the shred, I used three lb weights and now I use a variety from five to eight lbs. I am 42, five foot four, and 173 lbs. I started this program at 203 lbs, I eat clean, I have protein powder green smoothies two to three times a day, I eat extra protein, and I try to stick to 1200 calories a day. I can say that it absolutely works. If I can do this, you can too, but you have to be committed.

So do you squeeze in 2 day workouts in 1 day?
  • chandraminick
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Personally, I have never done two Shred workouts into one day because if I were to, the second one would suffer because those muscles would already be taxed and I like 24 hours recovery time between Shreds, but I have done the Shred woth either a JM Standing Abs workout, 6 WK 6 Pack Abs, or Hip Hop Abs Buns Legs and Thighs on the same day. Currently, I do the Shred, a 30 day Squat Challenge from the Google Play Store and a stretching routine called Margaret Richard's Limber for Life all in one day. The soreness from the lunges and impacts is starting to go away and my knees are 43 years old, so that takes time too; but, can be done.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Day 2 level 1 done. Technically this should be day 3 but I decided to work in a rest day and I chose Sundays. My plan is to do it 6 days/week. I will do level one for the full 30 days.
  • 4031isaiah
    Options
    Personally, I have never done two Shred workouts into one day because if I were to, the second one would suffer because those muscles would already be taxed and I like 24 hours recovery time between Shreds, but I have done the Shred woth either a JM Standing Abs workout, 6 WK 6 Pack Abs, or Hip Hop Abs Buns Legs and Thighs on the same day. Currently, I do the Shred, a 30 day Squat Challenge from the Google Play Store and a stretching routine called Margaret Richard's Limber for Life all in one day. The soreness from the lunges and impacts is starting to go away and my knees are 43 years old, so that takes time too; but, can be done.

The stretch routine sounds like something I'd like. Where did you find that?
  • chandraminick
    Options
    Ive had of forever since it is my favorite. Sometimes there are copies of it on eBay. It was made by Body Electric, and I bought the stretch out strap on eBay too.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    Have you done this program before? I'm curious about your motivation for wanting to do level one for a full 30 days. Muscle confusion is a big part of being successful because the body will adapt before the thirty days. You may want to reevaluate that at some point within the first ten days. If at ten days you think you need a few days, then by all means, stay there for a few more days, but I think it is wiser to move on asap to challenge yourself.
    4031isaiah wrote: »
    Day 2 level 1 done. Technically this should be day 3 but I decided to work in a rest day and I chose Sundays. My plan is to do it 6 days/week. I will do level one for the full 30 days.

• Sarabears79
    Sarabears79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Can I please join your group?
  • Sarabears79
    Sarabears79 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    sorry; I didn't see the JOIN button! Haha....
  • kellysb72
    kellysb72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi Sara. How you doing?
  • nuash1784
    nuash1784 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Im on day 4 of level 2. I feel like im half doing a lot because its much harder than level 1, but i like the exercises more. I lost 6 lbs in level 1.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    nuash1784 wrote: »
    Im on day 4 of level 2. I feel like im half doing a lot because its much harder than level 1, but i like the exercises more. I lost 6 lbs in level 1.

That's amazing loss. What kinda diet you following?

• queens2014
    queens2014 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've just joined! I just finished level 2 day 1. It's so much harder than level 1 but I think it will be good! I did the full 30 day shred a couple years ago and it was great (I lost 15 pounds and so many inches!) So I'm hoping for the same results this time :)