hmvanwink check in

Hi All!
I declared that Monday would be my first day of OMAD and I am here to say I have failed! Not completely but I am struggling with only one meal. I have cut calories dramatically and I am losing but I have obstacles to overcome and hunger is not either of them.

The first is breaking the routine of eating. I am lucky to have a full time job close enough to home that I go home for lunch for an hour every day. I don't know what to do when I go home except eat lunch. I can only do so much cleaning, I don't watch much tv, I'm lost with the time and I end up eating lunch.

The other is I don't like eating all my calories at supper. I end up feeling full and bloated and then I go to bed and feel gross. But supper time is what fits into my lifestyle with my family. We have supper together each night. I work out in the mornings and I'm used to doing that fasted so that is not a problem.

So for now I'm just narrowing my eating window to lunch and supper and cleaning up my food choices. If supper is going to be big, like dining out or something, lunch will be really small. I did have a smoothie for breakfast twice this week but I blamed that on the first week hunger pangs. I hated that. I ate (drank) breakfast and I wanted to eat all day long. I feel better today after skipping it.

I love all the info on OMAD and I love the concept of it I'm just having a hard time making it work. I am such a creature of habit. Hopefully when spring and summer come I can do things outside again and that will help distract me at lunch time so I can make it to supper.

Replies

• vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    I would reframe the "failure", @hmvanwink, in terms of success by calling it a day of OMAD contemplation (on the motivation scale)!

All effort is progress, and all progress is success...my 2 cents...

:)
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    @vrojapu Thank you. :smiley:

You are right, "failure" is too strong of a word. I am making progress.
  • mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    its going to take a couple of days for your body to adjust to OMAD, but if you hang in there and keep perservering, it will get easier, I promise. I'm on my 3rd week of OMAD- and its a breeze now for me. ... Just keep going, your body will adjust in no time. =)
  • vrojapu
    vrojapu Posts: 268 Member
    How's it going for you, @hmvanwink?
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    How's it going, Heather? One of the good things about OMAD is that you can ease into it, if you need to, just by lengthening the time before you eat each day. I started out first by skipping breakfast, then I delayed lunch until 1, then had a five-hour eating window from 3 to 8, and finally I made it to OMAD (which was my favorite and the easiest, in fact!). I know that an OMAD dinner was initially hard for you because you felt it was too much food late in the evening; is it going better?
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    @hmvanwink What about fitting some light exercise into the lunch hour - maybe some lgiht resistance band training that wouldn't work up a sweat?