My Story.

Options
annieboomboom
annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
I started a year ago this month. My progress was very slow. I envied all the posts of folks who had lost tremendous amounts of weight in a short period of time.

A year later I am about 15+ lbs down, but here is what matters; my blood work has changed for the better, I am learning to watch calories with more scrutiny and although I gained 3 lbs at Christmas with only being a tiny bit off diet which included some sugar, I simply ate just too many calories.

I have lost 5 lbs since then. Easily , by being back on track. Easily.

So let me tell you what I think I have learned. I believe it has taken me 12 months to get my body to understand how it is to use my fat.
Yo, yo dieting for 66 years. I hate feeling hungry. It simply doesn't work for me. Starving is not the answer.
I exercise, have shaken up my routine with a boot camp class, walk, and drink vodka.

I want some of you to know that my loss is not as described by all. For me, this choice is not a magic bullet. It is a lifestyle change and takes way more time. I am resigned.

I am eating a few more carbs but still under 20 , that allows for occasional dark chocolate, a stuffed grape leaf, some taboule.

But the basics are in place.

Stay with it if you have trouble losing. This is a journey, not a sprint.

Replies

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    Great job on improved health markers. To keep moving in the right direction is also my goal.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Great story, @annieboomboom . Very encouraging as many people do not get the big "whoosh" weight loss like some people do. Learning your body, how it handles food, and what works for you is a far better approach and far more sustainable than a 2 month crash loss of 30 pounds.

At another LC forum, my signature is "It's not a race, it's my life". I have the rest of my life to eat this way. I don't have to lose it all right now. Slowly over time is more sustainable and better for me mentally and physically. Sometimes I get impatient and have to remind myself to slow down.

Keep up the great work!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    Great story. :). It's all about better health.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting! This is a way of life, not a diet!