Resetting Nutrition Goals - Low Carb

Options
mfr0125
mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
I've set my carb nutrition goal to 75 g/day, which is 25% of caloric consumption.

Any advice as to setting fat and protein goals. I'm new to this and any advice would be very helpful.

Replies

• 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    check out the keto calculator. I found it to be amazing. http://keto-calculator.ankerl.com/ I had no idea about the proteins kicking you out of ketosis if you have too many of them and it gives you minimum to make sure you don't lose muscle.
  • UnnecessarilyLongUsername
    Options
    Hi, there is so much info on the web out there that is confusing and contradictory but if you're new to the whole low carb thing I really would suggest reading an Atkins book or any book that goes into detail about low carb diets.

It's hard for someone else to suggest macros because we are all so different. For example, I have to keep my carbs at around 20 - 30gms a day to lose weight because I have hormonal issues that make me insulin resistant whereas my husband can eat 100gms in a day and still lose weight. I'm lucky in that I don't get kicked out of ketosis with too much protein and alcohol doesn't affect my weight either way. Other people I know have to watch their protein carefully and can't drink at all. I know not very helpful, but I guess learn as much as you can and then you'll work it out as you go along.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    like @unnecessarilyLongUsername said, its entirely individual. I have mine set at 25% carb 50% fat 25% protein and I seem to do well with that, I too have Insulin resistance and under 100g works for me. Everyone is so different though that its not a one size fits all. You have to kinda mess around with it to see where you feel your best.
  • mfr0125
    mfr0125 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your responses.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    I eat 25g fibre, less than 25g other carbs, and about 100g of both protein and fat, with fat higher than protein. Low sugar diet rather than true lchf, so 15% carb, 35% protein and 50% fat. Loosing weight with that and trying even lower carbs for variety and to see if that works better for me. The launch pad is a great source of information that is worth looking at too.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    The keto calculator is the way to go!
  • Yi5hedr3
    Yi5hedr3 Posts: 2,696 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Protein will generally fall in the 20-25 percent range but can go up to 30 percent or so if on a calorie deficit. It comes out to .7 to 1 gram per pound of LEAN BODY MASS,which is the weight of your muscle, per day.