Craving Fat???

Options
2»

Replies

• sitzenhuser
    sitzenhuser Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I always cut it off, going to try and crisp it next time and see if I like it.
  • bluefish86
    bluefish86 Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I love fat! My husband doesn't eat chicken skins (because he's a weirdo), so I like to save them and fry them up until they're crispy! You haven't lived until you've experienced fried chicken skins....
  • inspirationstation
    inspirationstation Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    My husband doesn't like the fat, so I eat his. :) Win for me.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    bluefish86 wrote: »
    I love fat! My husband doesn't eat chicken skins (because he's a weirdo), so I like to save them and fry them up until they're crispy! You haven't lived until you've experienced fried chicken skins....

I hoard all the chicken skins too. That's what my husband gets for saying they taste weird.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    lithezebra wrote: »
    bluefish86 wrote: »

I hoard all the chicken skins too. That's what my husband gets for saying they taste weird.

I bake or fry them to make crispy chicken cracklings. OMG delicious!
  • Lillith32
    Lillith32 Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    have you tried roasted pork belly? hits my fat cravings all the time.
  • SoosannahK
    SoosannahK Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I love pork belly...and side meat...and fat back....the whole pig really except the feet, ewwww :D
    Lillith32 wrote: »

• SoosannahK
    Options
    I FINALLY got my ribeye today and it good, fatty and juicy. Forget we had a gift card for Longhorn left from Christmas. 2 steak dinners- $8. I am happy as a bug <3
  • HeatherDunnell
    HeatherDunnell Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes I've been craving fat. I've just ate an entire tub of soured cream :o
  • SoosannahK
    Options
    Yes I've been craving fat. I've just ate an entire tub of soured cream :o

I had a whole package of bacon for supper last night. Talk about a belly ache

• GaleHawkins
    GaleHawkins Posts: 8,160 Member
    Options
    I just got into eating Philadelphia cream cheese right from an 8 oz package.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    SoosannahK wrote: »
    I love pork belly...and side meat...and fat back....the whole pig really except the feet, ewwww :D
    Lillith32 wrote: »

Love pork belly too. If you dry it well before you roast it, it's like eating bacon steak.
  • SoosannahK
    Options

@GaleHawkins I will cut off a 2oz hunk and just eat it like a candy bar or something. Love cream cheese.
  • provitasemper
    provitasemper Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    In my own experience, I would rather crave fat than sugar!

I'm addicted to sugar, and thanks be to God for finding out about a HFLC diet, rich in healthy, organic fats, quality protein, and plants/veggie-only carbs, I found my "Sugar-switch", which was always stuck on "On", has now been turned off.

I add 1T. of organic, expeller-pressed sunflower oil to my smoothie, and it satisfies me. I add 2T. of organic, unrefined coconut oil to my 12 oz. hot coffee in morning, and it helps me stay on track (blend it with a blender for emulsification of oil into the coffee!).

I scramble my eggs with organic, grass-fed bacon fat left over from our bacon, and it is so yummy.

My skin is better (less dry), my hair is glossy, and my Lyme-disease-related arthritis is not flaring up any longer.
    Oh, and the weight is starting to fall off me, even in the middle of Midwest Winter.

And my doctor, who is an advocate of the Western Failure Diet of the last 40 years (Low-fat, high-carb, high-sugar), cannot believe how excellent my LDL/HDL/Total numbers are, along with stable blood sugar/etc.

Fat is needed for many vitamins to be properly absorbed by the body. If you keep craving LARGE amounts of fat on an ongoing basis, have your doctor check your vitamin levels--perhaps if you are deficient in a fat-soluble vitamin or two, your body is trying to tell you something? Especially when hormonal fluctuations occur (Monthly cycles, pregnancy, menopause).

Good luck and good eatin'

:wink:
  • DittoDan
    DittoDan Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    I once went to a butcher and bought two pounds of fat trimmed off of quality beef. I fired up my InfraRed grill and cooked them all. It was the best tasting fat I have ever eaten! The problem was the calories, a little A LOT on the high side!

Dan the Man from Michigan
    Keto / The Recipe Water Fasting / E.A.S.Y. Exercise Program
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    SoosannahK wrote: »

@GaleHawkins I will cut off a 2oz hunk and just eat it like a candy bar or something. Love cream cheese.

I've done that. My 4-year-old does this, too. He gets a spoon and goes to work. You'll often hear, "Quit eating all of mommy's cream cheese!!!"