Weekend!

Options
SusanLR9
SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
Good morning, everyone!

Any special food/exercise/emotional challenges today that we can help with as a group? I have absolutely nothing scheduled, so my challenge is going to be avoiding boredom and lonely eating.

But I'm planning dinner right now using a cookbook I got for my birthday called "The Oh She Glows Cookbook...Vegan Recipes to Glow from the Inside Out." I'm not vegan or vegetarian, but many of these recipes look delicious. I'm considering "immunity-boosting tomato sauce with mushrooms," served over zucchini noodles OR "sweet potato & black bean enchiladas with avocado-cilantro cream sauce." I'll let me daughter decide once she rolls out of bed.

I'll get my 17,000 steps in, even though it's raining, and I'm considering going to the gym to do weight machines. I really should, but I'm not feeling all that motivated.

Anyway, good luck to all incorporating healthy living into fun weekends.

Replies

• ErinKay_RN
    ErinKay_RN Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    Exercise done ✔ Even got my husband to work out with me ✔ But I'm running low on my healthier foods and in general I like my weekends to be slow and easy. So I gotta get my butt to the grocery store, which I totally don't feel like doing. I will, though!
  • SKalltheway
    SKalltheway Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Museum this morning with kids, and then cooking bulk for the week. Made a pot of goulash (7.5 lbs of roast, 4x cans of tomato sauce etc..) Figured it out after I dished it all into storage... 40 servings (10 dinners for family), and it cost about 1.10/serving :-).

Managed also to do X-stretch (a P90X routine)... overall great day!!!
  • Dibben9
    Dibben9 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    It was a good weekend.

Had 7 hours overtime, so when the chance arose I was up and walking some parts of the office. I then got home and walked 5 miles into town to meet the family and cone home again. Also did a 4.6 mile walk yesterday. I'm hoping I see results soon...
  • SusanLR9
    SusanLR9 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I didn't have such a good weekend. Way less exercise than I usually get, and I got into treats last night. I still can't have them in the house. I was overly optimistic about my ability to resist them. Oh well. It's a new week. Bulk cooking is a great idea. I need to do that. Maybe some beef stew.
  • Back4Good2016
    Back4Good2016 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    I cooked a lot this weekend. I made a huge minestrone for freezing (about 20 portions) and didn't use a single drop of oil either. I also made a lot of bean chilli. Snacking during the weekend is always a challenge for me too. In the evening, usually after the gym I have the worst cravings ever! I settle for a glass of light soya milk with sugar free flavouring or the odd rice cake with peanut butter. :-)
This discussion has been closed.