Carbs and the VSG

Options
crogers9189
crogers9189 Posts: 41 Member
Do you eat carbs, if so how many grams per day?

Replies

• tugsandpulls
    tugsandpulls Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I don't measure but I keep it very low when I do eat carbs
  • gdnplnty
    gdnplnty Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    I try to avoid them - high fan of zoodles and lettuce wraps and I don't do anything bread, pasta or rice.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I eat 20 gm a day, or less, for the health benefits. Many are very successful at 150 gm, or less (which is considered low carb). I highly recommend logging, and learning what you're putting in your body (can be eye opening!).
  • cabennett99
    cabennett99 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    I choose not to eat bread, rice, pasta, chips. I don't sweat fruits & vegetables. I eat some, occasional, dessert or alcohol; but both are dangerous (easily find myself eating more than intended) so never on an impulse, only when I intend to have a drink or dessert.
  • crogers9189
    Options
    I log everyday and usually get about 40g a day. I eat weight control oatmeal for breakfast and that is the biggest chunk of it. I don't do bread, pasta or rice or sweets.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Looks like your doing well on your carbs. My nut. wants me to get at least 40g a day. I still have a hard time getting them in due to my focus on protein. There are many benefits of carbs. including fiber, brain function and yes even weight loss. Just focus on good carbs. We all pretty much know good from bad.
  • blairmundy
    blairmundy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I eat between 150-200g of carbs per day. Mostly in dairy, fortified cereal, legumes, bananas and grains like rice or quinoa.
  • bcedl1982
    bcedl1982 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    I've been getting between 30-70g/day from veggies, fruit and legumes. I expect that to go up a bit as I increase my calories. Not eating any bread, pasta, rice, sweets, etc. Ultimately, my goal as I'm loosing is to stay between 100-125g. I'm keeping an open mind and monitoring everything!
  • Warhawk79
    Warhawk79 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Here is a good guide I have been told by experts 1-50 carbs equal solid weight loss; 50 to 100 equal a slow loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week; 100-150 carbs is good for maintaining. Anything about 150 can be a danger zone. Seems to be working for me. I am maintaining at the level.
  • crogers9189
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the info!
  • sinderstorm
    sinderstorm Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    If I eat carbs the way I want to, I'm not going to hit my protein goals. Most days I roll 30-50g of carbs in order to hit my protein and water at 9mo post sleeve.
  • Tawnykakers1
    Tawnykakers1 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    Warhawk79 wrote: »
    Here is a good guide I have been told by experts 1-50 carbs equal solid weight loss; 50 to 100 equal a slow loss of 1 to 2 pounds a week; 100-150 carbs is good for maintaining. Anything about 150 can be a danger zone. Seems to be working for me. I am maintaining at the level.

I like this. I never saw or heard it before and I will keep it in mind. It is just about the way my body reacts to carbs but I never thought about it until I saw this. Thanks!
  • SibylDiane
    SibylDiane Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I keep carbs under 100 and don't do grains, high carb veggies (potatoes, sweet potatoes, peas etc) or refined sugar. My carbs tend to come from dairy, green veggies, and a small amount of fruit.
  • KrazyAsianNic
    KrazyAsianNic Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I don't normally have room for carbs after my 3oz of protein, but depending the meal I will have a 1/2 to 1 oz carbs