Dizziness

yablomx10
yablomx10 Posts: 34 Member
Has anyone else experienced dizziness at times on Keto? I experienced it initially in my first week and assumed it was part of the Keto flu. That has been quite some time ago and the past few days I've been experiencing many instances of dizziness throughout the day. It comes and goes and lasts for maybe 10 seconds at a time. I don't believe I'm dehydrated as I've been drinking recommended, if not more, amounts of water.

Replies

• ki4eld
    ki4eld Posts: 1,215 Member
    For me, it was salt. I started taking a sodium tablet each morning (1g per day) and boom... gone.

I got them at CVS. I had to ask the pharmacist to order them, but I got them next day. You can get them on Amazon too... http://smile.amazon.com/Sodium-Chloride-Gm-100-Tablets/dp/B000GCN130/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1452397190&sr=8-1&keywords=sodium+tablets
  • yablomx10
    yablomx10 Posts: 34 Member
    Thank you @ki4eld I was starting to wonder if it was salt related. Thank you for the link!!
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Yep! Sodium/electrolytes! I use salt tablets (1gm sodium each purchased from Amazon) three times a day (1 in morning and two at night, but I have leg cramps too if I don't!). I also use magnesium citrate tablets at bedtime, and take a potassium supplement every other day. Finding the electrolyte balance that works for you (just like keto) can take some time, but is super beneficial to how you feel!
  • Yogi_warrior
    Yogi_warrior Posts: 5,464 Member
    Light salt which is mixture of sodium and Potassium did the trick for me. It costs a $ for lb.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,103 Member
    Light salt which is mixture of sodium and Potassium did the trick for me. It costs a $ for lb.

Adding potassium makes me dump magnesium, which I'm already deficient in, so be aware that if you add this and develop or worsen cramps, etc., you may need to cut back on potassium and up the magnesium...
  • SuesNewImage
    SuesNewImage Posts: 743 Member
    Yep agree with all. I thought when I got lightheaded 1 month ago that I might have low blood pressure. I was travelling & Couldnt get into a Dr so went to hospital. They ran my bloods, all good, even potassium. They really didn't know what to do with me. After a glucose drip, no improvement so they admitted me. I wasn't dehydrated but they kept me n a drip. After searching on the forum Hilda in hospital & refusing to eat their food (over 100g carbs in each meal) I discharged myself and went to the chemist and got magnesium. I have not looked back. Mind you it took nearly 3 weeks to get back into Ketosis after that.

Now still taking magnesium, and salting everything that doesn't move. Feeling gr8t.