Sunday Check In

Options
ScreenShot2013-01-13at51104PM_zps2ce8f524.png

How is everyone doing today?

Replies

• kellysb72
    kellysb72 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Had a rest day today. Back on it tmz. Going to try 4lb weights.
  • jele30
    jele30 Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Day 6 in the books, feeling pretty good. I can tell I am getting more endurance as I made it almost the whole way (until side lunges) with the 5 lb before switching to lighter weights. I do feel this a lot in my knees though, but I haven't done lunges like this in a long time.
  • chandraminick
    chandraminick Posts: 452 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Side lunges were hard for me the first round with three lbs because of the shoulder raises. By the time I did that level again duringy second round of the shred, I still couldn't finish all them with three lbs, so that is normal for women since our shoulder muscles are weaker than men. Other exercises for the shoulders on the other levels really helped strengthen my neck and shoulders. Especially the planks. Just keep that belly tight when you get to the other levels with planks, and it will really hel people get through the whole 30 seconds without dropping to the knees.
    jele30 wrote: »
    Day 6 in the books, feeling pretty good. I can tell I am getting more endurance as I made it almost the whole way (until side lunges) with the 5 lb before switching to lighter weights. I do feel this a lot in my knees though, but I haven't done lunges like this in a long time.

• kellysb72
    Options
    4lb weights were ok today, but think i may struggle with 5lb. I did day 9, run tmz, day 10 wed, run Thursday. Friday level 2 - little bit worried lol. Do you carry on using the same weights when you move up a level?
  • jele30
    Options
    Side lunges were hard for me the first round with three lbs because of the shoulder raises. By the time I did that level again duringy second round of the shred, I still couldn't finish all them with three lbs, so that is normal for women since our shoulder muscles are weaker than men. Other exercises for the shoulders on the other levels really helped strengthen my neck and shoulders. Especially the planks. Just keep that belly tight when you get to the other levels with planks, and it will really hel people get through the whole 30 seconds without dropping to the knees.

Thank you Chandra, I'll try and remember to keep my belly tight as I get to the other levels. I am horrible at push ups so looking forward to moving on soon, but we'll see how I do at planks :)
  • chandraminick
    Options
    The exercises will be different I'm the next level, so try using what you have been using; but, go a little heavier of they don't challenge you a little.
    kellysb72 wrote: »
    4lb weights were ok today, but think i may struggle with 5lb. I did day 9, run tmz, day 10 wed, run Thursday. Friday level 2 - little bit worried lol. Do you carry on using the same weights when you move up a level?

• mrsghosh
    mrsghosh Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Day 4 today in level one..it should have been 6 ..so added banish fat boost metabolism workout today!!
  • kellysb72
    Options
    Will have a look for that workout. Is it similar style? Harder or easier?
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    Hi Kelly, It's in YouTube ...I would say it's easy but it's a long workout of 55 mins. And you have to be careful about your knees afterwards. I felt little strain in my knees and I used to do this routines as part of boot camp at Y..last summer.
  • Shanniemfp
    Shanniemfp Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Hey how are you all doing food wise? I'm doing well and I've completed day 6 this morning & enjoying it. I'm struggling with the food though. Are you following the TDS food plan? I'm putting lots of effort in & then exceeding my calories. Very frustrated with myself x
  • chandraminick
    Options
    I haven't used the TDS diet plan and I've lost 30 lbs in 75 days. If you have problems with food, or are addicted to it like I was craving sweets and junk all the time, I suggest getting a protein powder and forget being a slave to cooking those meals all the time. That is a huge distraction when you are trying to eat healthy and have to look at it and smell it all the time. I suggest protein powder in every green clean smoothie with a banana and water base and then just lean protein and unprocessed foods throughout the day. I eat two to three of these a day with apples and meat and I can stick to 1200 a day without ravenous cravings or binges.
  • Shanniemfp
    Shanniemfp Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Thank you, that's an idea to look into. I do like food though not sure a shake would work for me I need a chew! lol. That being said, I might think about substituting breakfast for a shake, if I start the day off in the right way I'm more likely to continue. How many calories does your shake amount to?
  • chandraminick
    Options
    Shanniemfp wrote: »
    Thank you, that's between an idea to look into. I do like food though not sure a shake would work for me I need a chew! lol. That being said, I might think about substituting breakfast for a shake, if I start the day off in the right way I'm more likely to continue. How many calories does your shake amount to?
    Between 200-300 depending on what you need. I usually run about 260 for a magic bullet tall container and a half which is about three cups.
  • kellysb72
    Options
    mrsghosh wrote: »
    Hi Kelly, It's in YouTube ...I would say it's easy but it's a long workout of 55 mins. And you have to be careful about your knees afterwards. I felt little strain in my knees and I used to do this routines as part of boot camp at Y..last summer.

Thanks Mrsghosh. Will take a look. I found a great workout today that was really good. Get Fit 2015. The trainer is really encouraging. Getting a bit bored of Jillian.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    56/60 shredded! One more day of level two, and I won't have to see it again for a long time. I really just wanna finish the last three days of level three soon before I'm completely burned out. The problem is standing for seven hours at work, and then trying to exercise afterwards. That is a real challenge to have to overcome.
  • jele30
    Options
    Finally finished level one today. I am excited to move on. I realized that I've been doing the squat and press completely wrong. My knees were really hurting and it was due to bad form. I feel pretty stupid that I didn't realize that the body weight should be on the heels vs. the toes, but after fixing that for days 7-10 I feel a lot better.
  • chandraminick
    Options
    You are completely right about the squat form. One trick I use to make sure I am really squatting when I do the move is to put a chair behind me or use the edge of the bed to pretend to sit. It ensures that my squats are consistently deep and going backwards instead of forward over the knees.
    Finally finished level one today. I am excited to move on. I realized that I've been doing the squat and press completely wrong. My knees were really hurting and it was due to bad form. I feel pretty stupid that I didn't realize that the body weight should be on the heels vs. the toes, but after fixing that for days 7-10 I feel a lot better.

• jele30
    Options
    Thanks for the tip, will need to do that. Especially if I do a squat challenge after this.
  • mrsghosh
    Options
    You are completely right about the squat form. One trick I use to make sure I am really squatting when I do the move is to put a chair behind me or use the edge of the bed to pretend to sit. It ensures that my squats are consistently deep and going backwards instead of forward over the knees.

I am doing JM along with another strength training program that focuses different muscle group on diff days. My weight on scale is kind of going up which I don't like. Any thoughts ??
  • WJones2532
    WJones2532 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi!! Just joined today!! Is anyone almost done with the 30DS ?? Would love to hear results !! I am only on my second day! I'm 28 and have three little ones so trying to tone up some mommy blubber!!! I also try to walk/ run 2-4 miles a day to get some extra calories burnt we will see how that goes