Weekly Post 10.01. - 17.01.16

Options
flumi_f
flumi_f Posts: 1,888 Member
Hey peops! Saw quite few of you really nailed the first week of 2016! Well done! Let's keep up the momentum and succeed this week too :D

I had a pretty awesome but busy week. Very busy at work, sick colleague, last week at the stable too, etc. Had 3 pretty good fasts (4 if I count last Saturday) and after eating normally for 2 days I'm down 1.5kg overall after having a party with enough food and alcohol on Friday...Did notice, that 2 glasses of prosecco and 2 glasses of wine can make you pretty light headed, when you fasted 4 out of 6 days just before hand.... Bed was spinning a little but felt ok in the morning and had two good walks with my care horse this weekend. The last ones with this horse. I'm giving him up, because he is very tempremental ex racer and too unpredictable for me. Decided I didn't want to take the risks anymore. Next care horse is a barn further down the road and waiting for me to start at the end of January. A cute little brown quarter horse, well ridden and used in hippotherapy. I'm sure, we will get along very well.

This week is going to be very busy too. Plans every evening, a fast on Monday, a partial one on Tuesday (may end up going to dinner, as I have a date on Tuesday, that might become a dinner date). Also getting the scar on my abs redone on Tuesday morning. Shouldn't be a big deal, but exercise will be limited the next week or so to walking. No other fasts possible this week, so I may try to do 16:8 until Friday. Off to the mountains on Friday afternoon to do some low key snow shoeing with friends. Would be great to be under 61kg on Friday morning. Should be possible if Mo/Tu go well and I IF the rest of the week. A gain on the weekend is preprogrammed....friends, mountains and food....

Wish you all good fasts and a wonderful week!

Replies

• snaps27
    snaps27 Posts: 960 Member
    Options
    Great work @Flumi! And take care with your scar correction, hope it goes well. Sounds like you have a good week ahead of you.

First week and I'm down 2lbs (now 170.2). Very active week, but blew way over budget on Saturday (leftover Christmas chocolates and cookies). Today was not too bad, stayed below 1600cals. Next week I am really going to try to get a real fast day in. And have another workout on Thursday (still recovering...I'm really out of shape :) )
  • flossyruby1
    flossyruby1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    Way to go, Snaps and Flumi!! You guys have a great plan...stick to it! I've got my FD planned for Tuesday and Friday (as usual). Tuesday will be easy as my husband will be at work and it's during the week. Friday's can be tough as it is the day that ushers in the weekend so there can be a sense of celebration (meaning eating out and alcohol). I'm trying to change my mindset about my association between celebration and alcohol. I must admit, there have been nights when I "celebrate" just getting through the day. I mean, that's kind of grasping at straws really. It's not like my life is particularly challenging. But when you get into a certain habit (beer with pizza, wine because it's Friday), it's tough to reframe that habit. I'm focusing on alcohol right now because of the huge number of empty calories, especially because I need more to get that relaxed feeling, so my calories from alcohol really adds up. Which, in the end, will defeat my efforts for sustained weight loss.
  • KateNkognito
    KateNkognito Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    I was, to my great surprise, down about a pound from last week. I was NOT well behaved, so that loss is a total gift from God. It has really motivated me to get my act together for this coming week. The first thing I am going to do is put the chocolate that is in our classroom up in the cabinet so it doesn't call my name every time I walk in the door. It is little things like that that have been throwing me off lately.
    I wish you all good fasts and loose pants this week!
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Bought new scales at the weekend, so I now know my starting position. It's not pretty....

Had a good back-to-back fast last Mon-Tues, but wont be able to do the same this week - a colleague is leaving on Tuesday so there will be buns aplenty! I'm also going to a dance class party that evening, which will include sandwiches and more buns. So I'll aim for Thurs instead. Exercise last week was not bad, this week I will have:

Mon Abs class at lunchtime, core class in the evening
    Tues Dance party evening
    Wed Advanced dance class am, running training in the evening
    Thurs Gym at lunchtime, dance in the evening
    Fri rest
    Sat 10k race, first of the year!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Good analysis Flossy! That is the beginning of every change.

Wtg Kate! Take it and run!

Excellent snaps!

I only worked the morning today. Didn't sleep well and am catching up on that whilst battling the cold my colleague gave me. Tea, sleep and potato wraps on my chest and I already feel better. Fast is going well. When my tummy growls, I think, I'm starving the little beasts :p
  • dryheatfitness
    dryheatfitness Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Fast day today complete - barely! Didn't drink nearly enough water and paid for it later day. Dinner was Light Progreso soup (140 cal in whole can!) And a big salad. I indulged in a Scotch which in the end waster 120 calories I'd wished I had back for some yogurt. Lesson learned - NO EMPTY CALORIES ON FAST DAYS!

Fast plans for tomorrow after lunch through Wednesday dinner to get a good 36 hr, 500 cal total period. My partner and I are driving to the mountains Thursday to see the snow so the weekend will be challenging for keeping to TDEE. I'm 2 lbs short of my first 10 lbs and would love to hit that next week.
  • mamainthekitchen
    mamainthekitchen Posts: 929 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! Just made it through a fast day, not smart on a Monday when "the bachelor" is on... Wine & chocolate were usually on the menu! But I made it work with mint tea and 7 mini rolos frozen! And when they call them mini, they're not kidding!! I was out all day having to purchase new laptop for the daughter because hers blew up on Friday and she's nearing the end of her practical nursing course and will need it for future RN program, anyway being away from my kitchen is helpful on a fast day!

Flossy, you sound like me with the alcohol- we could be friends for sure! And also a stay at home mom for years has been a blessing but mine are older now so time to look after myself. I find now that I don't want to drink so much or maybe the habit got easier to do without, but I sure know what you mean about getting through the day!! Typing that makes it sound worse doesn't it hahaha!

Flumi.. Good luck with your 'date' is that what I'm thinking it is ;) and hope all goes well with your scar appointment!

And Dryheat, don't feel bad about your empty calories, scotch is less calories than wine so more bang for your buck!! :D enjoy your mountain trip!!

And wow, melaniecheeks has got quite the schedule of activities this week! Have a great time!

So far so good this week people! I looked back on my menus & calories during the holidays and am determined to put all that behind me! Enjoy your week everyone!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Scar is 'fixed' and a spot on my arm removed too. Shouldn't be anything serious, but doc said he will send it in to be checked.

Yes Mamainthekitchen. Still looking for my prince and got an online membership with my makeover last fall :D Met a few guys since then, but none fit the bill. The guy tonight is special and right in many ways. Now it's about the heart saying yes too. Feels good atm. Time will tell me more.

Moved my second fast to tomorrow. Will end over 500 but will try to behave food wise in the evening as I'm meeting up with some friends.
  • snaps27
    Options
    Fast day completed yesterday, hooray. Today another success by nailing my maintenance calories. Big salad for lunch. Really yummy. Little bit of seeds on top...not too many because the calories in those really add up. Been really good with weighing my food and its helped keep me in control.
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    @snaps27 That's the successful feeling, when you can stay within your maintenance calories on a non fast day!!! Great job! My hubs bought me a food scale for Christmas and it's an eye opener weighing food isn't it.

Awesome @flumi_f !!!!! :)

• flossyruby1
    Options
    Mama, I definitely think we would be friends. I think we all might, really! You are so right...typing away my thoughts as it relates to alcohol could run the risk of coming off as an alcoholic. I've spent hours analyzing exactly why I think I need a "reward", such as a glass of wine (or 3). I think I may have figured it out and, as a result, the desire and taste aren't there. I'm also trying to establish a new routine/habit as it surrounds the 5 o'clock hour to help. I simply can't afford the calories, which also helps me stay motivated. I think my boys are proud of what I've accomplished. They like having a mom who can participate physically in their activities and I like being able to do it. It's proving to be especially tough with my 14-year-old who is taller than me (6 feet already) and definitely stronger. I like being able to keep up with him and he likes having a mom who can. He's very aware of other people and other moms who maybe can't or won't participate.

Today is my first FD of the week, but it's not starting off too good. I woke up hungry, which is somewhat ominous. The only thing in my favor is I'm able to put up with it. It's funny how some days, I just can't bare it and have to eat. Other days, I'm ok with feeling hunger and almost enjoy it. Today is not a day I think I'm going to enjoy it. However, today I have dance, which keeps me preoccupied over the lunch hour. I'll have a diet fizzy drink to hold me over until dinner. Dinner will be leftover soup and vegan quiche before heading off to a school meeting, which will keep me preoccupied until I get home to get kids ready for bed. So, I will try to muster all the willpower I have in me, but you know things are tough when you start rationalizing how tasty the things around you will be...like my swiffer duster (it might taste like cotton candy), or my son's pencils (I'm thinking zero calories, 10 grams of fiber, great jaw workout), or maybe chewing on a cardboard box (kind of like jerky, I bet). Either way, I'm guessing a white-knuckle kind of day, but I'm focused on moving forward. Thanks to all of you who are helping me ride your momentum!!!
  • elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    First FD of the week done....but I have to say week 2 is proving a little more challenging than week 1. Hard or not...I will succeed. ..2016 is my year to just hunker down and do it! Reading your posts daily are helping me stay on track...thanks!
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Elaine, you will have weeks that go much better than others. But trust that you'll find your groove. At the very least (and this is one of the best features of this program) you know that if you can hang on for the full FD, you will get to eat the next. For me, this is my life jacket because, some days (like today), it can be rough. But knowing tomorrow I can eat normal makes it a heck of a lot easier. You'll find, over time, strategies to help you be successful. Just hang in there...you'll make it!
  • elaine8505
    elaine8505 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement flossyruby1!
  • snaps27
    Options
    So, I will try to muster all the willpower I have in me, but you know things are tough when you start rationalizing how tasty the things around you will be...like my swiffer duster (it might taste like cotton candy), or my son's pencils (I'm thinking zero calories, 10 grams of fiber, great jaw workout), or maybe chewing on a cardboard box (kind of like jerky, I bet).

HEE HEE!!! :D
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Nailed my FD yesterday, resulting in a 2.5 lb loss for the week. Last Thursday was when I got my mind right, so from last Thursday through this morning, I'd say not too shabby. I'm planning for another terrific FD on Friday!
  • mamainthekitchen
    Options
    Woohoo! Flossy!! You're doing fantastic! Had quite the chuckle while swiffering my kitchen today :D

Today I tried on some older clothes I haven't fit into in years.... Too bad most are out of style!! Haha except for some sweaters I need a new wardrobe! Also made some yummy soup today trying to duplicate this stuff from the store and it was really good! Measured & weighed everything out but need to double check my math to calculate my portion... It's a big job logging homemade soup!!

So pleased everyone seems to be doing well this week! :)
  • flossyruby1
    Options
    Sometimes my fast days are much like Jerry in the old Tom and Jerry cartoons or Cayote in the old Roadrunner cartoons where they picture their prey as food. When I start picturing my kids as ham hocks or chicken legs (albeit rather large ones...they are 10 and 14), I know I'm in trouble. Especially because I eat a mostly vegan diet and wouldn't be caught dead with either a ham hock or a chicken leg. :p Thanks Mama!! And congrats on your loose but out-of -date clothes. A great reason to go shopping!!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Well after my 1 1/2 fasts this week, my scale said 60.0kg!! That's 3kg down since Jan 2nd!! Haven't seen that number since mid September. My skinny jeans fit much better around the waist and there is some air between my sweater and my abs :p No tension on my scars anymore either. Note to self....anything over 60kg is too much for my body, clothes and mind B)

Off to the snowshoeing weekend tomorrow afternoon.

Wish you all a great day!
  • flumi_f
    Options
    Flossy: We are here to support each other. I think, it helps to see how others are doing, the good, bad and the ugly! It helps to accept, that no one is perfect at all times and that it's ok not to be perfect either :p