OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options
1373374375376377379»

Replies

• Paulabobadilla
    Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon!

Diane, glad you are done. The procedure is a breeze the prep not so much. You definitely had a well deserved breakfast.

I'm sitting here at the house waiting for the inspector. The give a two hour window so at least I didn't have to wait here all day. I guess I could go in and do some work but I don't feel like doing anything so I'm sitting in my car 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Kati is home with all the kids, boys didn't have school because it's election day. After this I need to go fix dinner.

Still hoping and praying that the inspection passes but not getting my hopes up so that I don't get let down. I will know soon enough I guess. I really hate waiting though so this is going to be horrible waiting till he gets here. I'm not a patient waiter lol.

I'll sit here and play some games till he arrives to hopefully time passes relatively quickly.

Waving hi to all!!
    Paula

• Paulabobadilla
    Options
    It passed!!! Yay!!! I'm so excited!
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good afternoon, the sun is shining, had a nice visit with Mom, got a few more craft supplies to make some cute snowmen and while I was at Walmart I was able to figure out where to put the strap holes in my carseat blankets. I took one with me and laid it in one of the car seats on display. I made my blankets with hoods, so cute. They are very basic but a breeze to sew so I may make a few more. Going to hang curtains tonight and then it is date nite to watch our Tuesday nite line up, lol.
    I made my own ground beef yesterday in my food processor. So easy and oh so tasty. The consistency is so much nicer too. Made a pot of chili using my homemade tomato sauce, home ground beef and some homemade chicken stock.....seasoned generously and it was awesome. Will make more when the chuck roasts are BOGO again. I used chuck stew meat that the grocery already cubed (it was too lean) and added some sirloin tip steaks that were on sale (also lean) Using the full roasts will give me the bit more fat that is needed.

Diane, stitching and turning was a breeze with the fleece. Then top stitched to finish it off. Took around 30 minutes. Will see how adding the binding around the strap openings go.
    After my last scope I went straight to Hardees for a breakfast sandwich and tater tots, it was the first place I saw. Glad it is was clean and you don't have to return for 5 years. I go again in 3 because of the polyps they found the time before last and family history, yuck.

Paula, happy dancing here for passing your inspection. That is a load off and now you can get some light and heat.

Waving a happy hello to everyone
    Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Babysitting baby Luis while Kati takes Diego to his monthly appointment for his DMDD meds. When she gets home I'm going to shower and go see Mom.

Nothing too exciting going on here. Luis wants to work on a few cars that he has waiting on him this weekend instead of working on the house, he wants them gone lol. There isn't anything I can do down there without help so I guess I won't be going down either. I could go unpack some of the kitchen stuff I already took down there lol.

We are hoping to be finished and in there by January or maybe a bit sooner. He was hoping by Thanksgiving but it'll depend on how fast the work gets done. We need to get carpet for downstairs, replace drywall in ceiling in both livingroom and our bedroom, mud, sand, paint, get and install furnace, ducts etc. Plus we have to wait till they install the electric meter. I'll be calling today to see when that will happen. So by Thanksgiving won't happen unless we work non stop lol. So I'm aiming for January first.

Well off here to find some breakfast! Have a great day!
    Paula
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning ladies,

Super quiet around here and on fb group. Hope everyone is doing well.

The meter will be installed at the new to us house either Monday or Tuesday. Ordering furnace today so we can get it installed then we'll be able to finish the house.

It's 23 degrees here this morning, brrrr but hoping it kills off whatever is causing my allergies to be stupid lol

Babysitting baby Luis today while my daughter works, my husband is picking up windows for the house after work today so hopefully we can get them installed. Been holding off on putting siding up till we can get the windows in. Well we aren't replacing all the siding just certain areas and then we'll paint it.

Hope everyone is doing good. Have a great day!

Paula
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello, been busy in my craft room the last two days. Had to go out for more fabric, actually just needed 3 yards total.....$65 later (after using 2 50% off and 1 60% off coupons, plus a $15 reward) I may have overshot my budget a bit today, lol. Just finished cute Jammie's for Pam. My car seat blanket was a total disaster hence the need to go to the store. Need to do some research to figure this one out. I found a pattern for stuffed penguins, elephants and turtles. I see some fleece scraps becoming critters. Just got invited to a "Baby Sprinkles" party for my great grandson to be. Guess that is what they call baby showers for baby number two.
    Edd and Frankie are gone to the cabin again this weekend. More projects to finish before winter sets in.
    Working tomorrow and Sunday but only 5 hours each day.

Paula, praying the freeze rids you of your allergens. Can't believe you got a meter so fast. Once the furnace gets put it in you all will be on the downhill side of this. I hope you get to celebrate New Years in your new home.

Diane, I am in awe with all the wood you guys have processed. Can't wait to see what John makes out of it, or is it going to be used for cabinets and such in the new house? Could you resend the link for the car seat blanket please. I can't find that post. I ruined two perfectly good pieces of fleece in my first attempt. My fail was in making the openings for the seat belts. Don't even want to show you what a mess I made, lol. I have rebought the same material and will give it another try.

Back to my swe at shop. Have a wonderful weekend everybody
    Patti

• EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Patti, Here is the link:
    http://projectsbyjess.blogspot.com/2011/03/car-seat-blanket.html

I used her measuring for where to put the slits. I HATE doing the binding around the slits, but it comes out fine. Kind of stands up like her picture, but it works fine. I went to Joanne’s and got fabric today too, for more blankets for my grandson to be. I decided to do the fleece one by turning it. There hasn’t been any rumors of a “sprinkle” for the new baby - and I always thought it was against the etiquette rules for the grandmother to do that. (Though two of her friends' mothers recently held baby showers for their daughters!) With a baby of the opposite gender as her first, what she probably really needs is clothes! I have plans for a quilt, a mobile and the new blankets. Hopefully I will have some time to sew once John has his surgery and we are housebound for a few weeks.

Paula, I too am amazed that (a) you passed the electrical inspection on the first try, and (b) you are getting a meter and service so quickly! It will really make working there so much easier, and with the furnace more comfortable too!

Patti, the wood is an experiment. If it dries well, it will probably become furniture. We cut a couple of 3" thick boards to make coffee table tops and legs out of.

Today was errands, including a haircut, grocery shopping and Joann's, then I cut the grass for (hopefully) the last time. Restocked the house with food, and have succumbed to WAY too many snacks today! Tomorrow I am attending a funeral for the brother of friends from my childhood. Lately it seems we only get together for funerals - sigh.

Waving to everyone else.

Diane
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning. Weather here was divine this weekend - cold front on the way, including flurries here later.

You are all so multitalented! Home renovation, surviving chainsaws, crafting toys and blankets and clothing, writing books ... y'all make me feel like a slug!

Diane, wishing John the very best with the knee.

I've been Dolly Domestic the last several days - made a pot of chili midweek and yesterday cooked up a big pot of simple butternut squash soup. My eating has been a bit better, and soup is filling + nutritious. I've also been doing tons of small household tasks, with many more to go! Trying to clear some chore underbrush before I start getting my head into Christmas.

Saw rheumatologist last week - we may tweak meds a bit, based on whatever my bloodwork shows. It hasn't been super pretty lately, but when it bugs me I remind myself that I was told at 19 that I'd "probably be in a wheelchair by 40," I just smile. We all have our stuff.
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I finally have a morning that I don't have to get up and travel! Last week was brutal! I went to South Bend and Merrillville, IN as well as local visits. The next couple of weeks are busy as well, but I'm happy to say after that will be smooth sailing. I need to get my flu shot this week and check into whether or not my insurance will cover the shingles vaccine. I want to get that too.

Yesterday was a beautiful day and I enjoyed my firepit all afternoon. It felt good.

I have somewhat of a dilemma, I received an email from one of my students wanting a letter of recommendation for her mock interview for one of the courses she is taking. I'm not sure what to say as I'm in a quandry over what to say. She's not as innovative as other students I have, so finding the words might be difficult. It reminds me of awards day at school when I would have to invent an award for some students as the school's viewpoint is that all students should receive something. I will ponder what to say.

Paula: My allergies are flared up too. My eyes have been watering for several days. Not sure what is causing it.

Diane: I also am in awe of the wood you guys processed. You're all very talented.

Waving hi to all! Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • bertevans
    Options
    Janet: Congratulations on being Dolly Domestic! Love that term. It feels good to get things done, doesn't it. I'm trying to organize, especially closets. They tend to be the last thing that gets done.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Brrrrrr,mint is blowing and wet and miserable out there. With the snow coming and the temps dropping into the 20's until Wednesday I ran out and got groceries and spent some time with Mom. Now I am staying in until Wednesday! Yesterday was interesting at work. A transformer blew and took out the power to our strip mall, the big mall and all the shops across the street. 9000 homes were also affected. It happened about 4pm. So we shut down and locked out doors but had to stay and work using flashlights until actual closing time in case the power came back on. It was weirdly cool being in the dark store doing our daily closing tasks. The millenials were freaking out and they are all into everything dark and creepy, lol. We actually just sat on the cutting counter chatting for the last 45 minutes. By then they had all the traffic lights working and all the traffic had cleared out.

Janet, I love that Dolly Domestic title. You have beaten the odds so farm will pray your new tweak helps. My pantry is in desperate need of cleaning and organizing. Would you like to come visit, lol?

Bert, whew....that's a lot of traveling. Nice to hear you got some fire pit time. I would love to hear what you come up with for the letter of recommendation for your student.

Going to go check out the new WW app and see if there is something to inspire me.

Karla, welcome back to WW.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Patti: I stated a few nice things but left out many things. It’s just for a mock interview, so it’s not binding. Actual she’s doing a little better this placement than last placement so maybe there’s hope.

From fire pit to snow shovels in 24 hours! I’m supposed to travel in the morning but I’ll cancel if necessary. I’ve already contacted my student teacher. It’s a two hour drive but not on roads that are the best. That corporation cancels alot so hopefully there would be a two hour delay at least. I would have to leave home at 7:30.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I didn't have to go to my visit as my student's school was closed. Yay! We rescheduled for Thursday afternoon. So, all I have to do today is return the college car and get my own back.

Have a great day, everyone!
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    Good morning. I'm the one who's happy with the weather. The air is bracing and smells clean. Snow day here as well - for under an inch. Really???!‽‽!

Not much new here - going to try to accomplish several small tasks here. I might bake bread but won't decide until after coffee. Have a great day!
  • JP_in_KY
    Options
    A bus just came through - schools must be on a delay. Good - seems a shame to waste a snow day on such a small event.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Janet: We started out with rain in the 40’s yesterday. I went to pick up the college car for my visit today. It got colder throughout the day and then snowed a couple of inches. When it stopped snowing, it was misting ice Accor to our Schwan’s man. When I took the car back to the college today, it took me 30 minutes to scrape off all the ice!

We are supposed to have a committee meeting at church tonight. I hope they cancel it. Haven’t heard anything yet though.