C10K, W2, D1

Options
DeeDiddyGee
DeeDiddyGee Posts: 601 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
Good morning, Woggers!

I hope everyone had a terrific weekend! Yesterday, here in Rhode Island, it rained like the dickens and the winds were at about 60mph -- a great day to stay home and slack...That's exactly what I did -- absolutely nothing.

Today starts a fresh day and Week 2 of C10k. Are you ready? Here is your workout:

W2, D1
5 minute warm up walk (stretch out those hamstrings!)
  • Jog 1.5 minutes
  • Walk 2 minutes
  • Repeat 6 times
5-minute cool down (remember to stretch)

Enjoy YOUR day!

Dee :)

Replies

• d_thomas02
    d_thomas02 Posts: 9,048 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    W2D1 complete. Made the changes I outlined on the W1D3 thread (i.e. jog 5 mph, walk 4 mph) along with including four sprints at the end of the main workout (run 7 mph, walk 3.5 mph) and didn't blow a gasket in the old steam engine (the huff and puff express, get it? [cricket chrip] Wow, this is a tough crowd.).

Still working the bugs out of using the new (used) treadmill as I muffed saving all the manual changes I had made for W2D1. After the muff, I practiced saving manual changes on shorter faux workouts so think I have a handle on the method now.

Sorry, Dee. Had to do the workout yesterday. Just couldn't resist the temptation. (It was like the treadmill was calling my name! "David... Oh, David... come run with me... you know you want to... It'll be fun...") I was weak and gave in. :'(

Interesting note: Soreness started in ankles and calves at beginning of program. Then moved up to quads. and now, after yesterdays workouts, my gluts are talkin' to me. I wonder what will be next...
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    I know that feeling of fighting the urge...there are times I feel like getting on the treadmill EVERY DAY...but, after a mean case of Plantars Fasciatis, I learned my lesson. :) I do W2D1 after work today. How was it? I love your term "huff and puff express." How do you feel MENTALLY after completing the run?
  • DeeDiddyGee
    Options
    d_thomas02 wrote: »
    Interesting note: Soreness started in ankles and calves at beginning of program. Then moved up to quads. and now, after yesterdays workouts, my gluts are talkin' to me. I wonder what will be next...

Are you stretching before and AFTER your run? Very important!
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    W2D1 was more challenging than W1D3, but I found the first day of a new week was always the most challenging. I dreaded the second weekly workout and than 'poof'. (Wait, what? Its over? Really? Ohh-Rah!) Third weekly workout was mostly a piece of cake.

I did repeat weeks last time but I think I was pushing my pace too fast too soon. Not allowing my body time to adjust to the new physical challenges. I have learned that its OK to repeat difficult weeks and to increase or decrease my pace as needed. (As I recall, week 5 was a real killer but, remember, I was pushing my pace too fast.)

I always feel good getting off the treadmill. (Don't know if its up there with the relief you get after pulling a thorn you didn't know was hurting or endorphines or what, but it does feels good both physically and mentally.)
  • determined24girl
    determined24girl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    W2D1 finished! :smile: I really noticed that extra 30 seconds jogging.
  • d_thomas02
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Are you stretching before and AFTER your run? Very important!

"yes", he says in a small voice while not making eye contact.

OK, another thing for me to work on. :D
  • d_thomas02
    Options
    W2D1 finished! :smile: I really noticed that extra 30 seconds jogging.

Great job!. Truth be told, I was very glad there was an extra 30 seconds of walking to go with that extra jogging time! :)
  • Cylinda30
    Cylinda30 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    mines went good