Bowflex Max5

Options
nikkib0103
nikkib0103 Posts: 968 Member
My brother in law, at my sister's request, bought her a BowflexMax5 for Christmas. it came last week and he put it together Sat. Since I live three blocks from them, I can go over and use it. Today was Day 1. She plugged in the 14 minute Fat Burner workout for me. I did 7 minutes. Dear Lord, this workout is harder than it looks on TV. I think, though, now that I have the arms and legs going in what appears to be the right directions, I will improve rapidly. However, this workout is no joke. I had cooked spaghetti legs after 7 minutes. Have any of you used this thing? Any advice?

Replies

• kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Mine was delivered today, looking to give it a shot tonight. Gave up my rower to get the Max5, in hopes that others in the family would also get some use out of the machine.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    Let me know how you fared. My BIL said it hook him a couple of hours but was not terribly hard. I am back on it tomorrow at 6:30 a.m. Hopefully I can go the full 14. good luck!
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,922 Member
    Options
    I've never used a Bowflex. I saw the commercials on TV and figured it was a gimmick.
  • kyedo
    kyedo Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Okay, took me about 90minutes to get it all unpacked and put together. Went much faster after I went out to the garage and got my own tools, versus using the ones they supplied. Overall not too bad.

I used the Smart Max Interval setting, which appears to automatically adjust the resistance levels based on the individual users heart rate. The movement was pretty smooth and really started to feel the burn during the second half of the session.

Was surprised at how much upper body action this thing generates.
  • nikkib0103
    Options
    I was, too, which made me happy because I would like better looking arms. I started feeling the burn about 4 minutes in and quit at 7. I practically needed oxygen. But I am determined to do better each time.
  • UncleMac
    UncleMac Posts: 12,922 Member
    Options
    nikkib0103 wrote: »
    But I am determined to do better each time.
    That is awesome! :)
  • MostlyWater
    MostlyWater Posts: 4,294 Member
    Options
    that's very exciting!