A good read: BB.com motivation/music/exercise article

V_Keto_V
V_Keto_V Posts: 342 Member
edited January 2016 in Social Groups
bodybuilding.com/fun/the-simple-trick-that-will-skyrocket-your-motivation

Because there are far too many distractions in modern times. Personally, I could never keep proper form & tempo if I were to listen to music while weight lifting...it involves much more concentration than most people think, unless you're into bad form, injury, or just doing the same damn thing (no progress).

Replies

• baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,948 Member
    edited January 2016
    V_Keto_V wrote: »
    bodybuilding.com/fun/the-simple-trick-that-will-skyrocket-your-motivation

Because there are far too many distractions in modern times. Personally, I could never keep proper form & tempo if I were to listen to music while weight lifting...it involves much more concentration than most people think, unless you're into bad form, injury, or just doing the same damn thing (no progress).

As a beginner, I tried to listen to podcasts. It was distracting, and I could do neither listening nor focusing on form well. Music is like that, too. It's ok for cardio. I listen to podcasts when I take walks. Every time. But it's just distracting noise while lifting. Lifting, without all that impeding it, is a lot like meditating to me. Your mind is clear and focused. I feel more centered afterward.

Good article. :+1:
  • ChoiceNotChance
    ChoiceNotChance Posts: 644 Member
    Great article. Thanks for posting.