Coconut Cream

Options
carlsoda
carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
I remember seeing once or twice reference to using coconut cream so when I was at Trader Joe's over the weekend I bought a can. Now I don't know what I should do with it except throw into a curry? :)

What do you all use it for? I was thinking of using it in coffee but I love my HWC maybe a bit too much!

Thanks in advance :)

Replies

• DrawnToScale
    DrawnToScale Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I use the Trader Joe's coconut cream it in both curries, and chia pudding. Great taste, but pretty calorie dense.
  • 1thankful_momma
    1thankful_momma Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I saw some fat bomb recipes with it.
  • lithezebra
    lithezebra Posts: 3,670 Member
    Options
    I made a low carb coconut cheesecake with coconut cream, creamed coconut, cream cheese, and a mixture of erythritol, xylitol, splenda and inulin. It's not low calorie, but yum. Also, the sweeteners don't have much in the way of usable carbs, though MFP lists them as containing carbs. I've read that you can chill coconut cream and whip it like cream - I haven't tried it.
  • ladipoet
    ladipoet Posts: 4,180 Member
    Options
    Make Mexican Hot Chocolate or use it to make homemade ice cream. Use it to make fudge with or fat bombs. I also use it in things I bake to. For example, I made up a batch of waffle cookies a few weeks ago, and I used a couple of tablespoons in that recipe. Turned out great.
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I use it in my loaded hot chocolate with HWC.
    I also add it and some coconut milk to make my quickly pan fried spinach taste different for a change.